• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
this is also possible, I suspect lol

I have tried...cbf going through every page of some of them...but will.

Because now I'm dead keen to see pics and vids of a few, very outspoken and overly critical people on this forum.

What's with all the shit talking? Some things work well for some and for others it wont work at all. As long as we're all lifting weights, trying to be bigger, stronger or both, what does it really matter?

Hmm and I wasn't even refering to you darkman lol

Why don't you?
I don't see the point really, it'll be pretty much the same over the course of a week.
I alternate between 3 or so different types of routines throughout the year, higher reps, lower reps and everything in between like drop sets etc.
Currently it's my standard meat n potatoes routine, a three day split, progressive resistance pyramiding the weight up, 2 or 3 exercises per bodypart, 6-10 reps per set.
Mon - Chest/Tris
Wed - Back/Bis
Friday - Legs/Shoulders

What's with all the shit talking? Some things work well for some and for others it wont work at all. As long as we're all lifting weights, trying to be bigger, stronger or both, what does it really matter?

smartest post I've read all day.
lol

agree.

I don't see the point really, it'll be pretty much the same over the course of a week.
I alternate between 3 or so different types of routines throughout the year, higher reps, lower reps and everything in between like drop sets etc.
Currently it's my standard meat n potatoes routine, a three day split, progressive resistance pyramiding the weight up, 2 or 3 exercises per bodypart, 6-10 reps per set.
Mon - Chest/Tris
Wed - Back/Bis
Friday - Legs/Shoulders

natty's would be better off with higher volume

something like phat

You know there's nothing good on this forum when a fucking moron troll 0ni a.k.a Alex makes a stupid troll thread about 'finger curls' and he quotes some obscure 'athelete' that does what he/she thinks get 100 posts and 500 views where decent threads get 10 posts and 100 views....

KungFooGoo hopes someone doesn't lurk here and think 0ni is a genius and follows his obscure "training" he does.... a'la John broz <--- KungFooGoo just added that for lolz.

I used to do plate carries for grip strength. Hold a bumper plate in each hand while running shuttles.

If you're not interested in using hook grip (for deadlifts, cleans, snatches), not sure why you give a stuff about grip strength? I was taught from my very first lift to use hook grip, so always have since as I don't know any other way. I usually only use chalk on 1rm / pb attempts, too.

I used to do plate carries for grip strength. Hold a bumper plate in each hand while running shuttles.

If you're not interested in using hook grip (for deadlifts, cleans, snatches), not sure why you give a stuff about grip strength? I was taught from my very first lift to use hook grip, so always have since as I don't know any other way. I usually only use chalk on 1rm / pb attempts, too.

I have quite small hands and my thumbs always seem to slip. Mixed grip is fine however. Cleans I have no problem with double overhand grip as of yet and snatches I use straps for because the bar no longer has knurling there lol.