• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Thats one dude outa 1000's of good deadlifters lol

Lots of people recommend going heavy on shrugs and usign straps. Wendler recommends it

good job, one person said 1 reps on shrugs. Others will say 20 reps on shrugs.

Face it oni, 1 reps is not best for hypertrophy. 8-12 is, so stfu and stop loading up 180 on the bar for your ego and actually put some work in.

all you do is find a quote one guy said and then you think you have proven your point.

I'm not after hypertrophy dumbass!

0ni, if you had put on 8-10kg of muscle naturally this past year then I'd have to step back and think shit this guy's getting some damn good results, there must be something to his method of madness however, all we have here is no results, just madness.

Last edited:
0ni, it you had put on 8-10kg of muscle naturally this past year then I'd have to step back and think shit this guy's getting some damn good results, there must be something to his method of madness however, all we have here is no results, just madness.

All my lifts are increasing?

yeah no shit lmao

you post about some guy saying how he got huge traps (hypertrophy) and you agree with him. Then you say your not after hypertrophy?

Nice twisting what I am saying
He has massive traps showing that low rep work is good for hypertrophy
I am not after hypertrophy, im after trap STRENGTH. He shrugs TEN PLATES A SIDE

So I guess by conventional wisdom I can either:

> Use mixed grip for shrugs and tear a bicep
> hold back my shrugging until my hook grip catches up

and that

> Using straps for an exercise that trains my traps, not my grip is bad
> Doing dedicated grip work is bad and I should feel bad
trap bar.

Lots of people recommend going heavy on shrugs and usign straps. Wendler recommends it

I'm not after hypertrophy dumbass!

I dont have a problem with going heavy on shrugs as I said do a mix of heavy and high rep shrugs but not max effort lol, but if your grip isnt the best in the 1st place or your at a fairly beginner level like you are then why use straps for anything? you should be doing everything possible to increase grip strength...

Nice twisting what I am saying
He has massive traps showing that low rep work is good for hypertrophy
I am not after hypertrophy, im after trap STRENGTH. He shrugs TEN PLATES A SIDE

ok strong logic

ive seen guys loading up the bar with lots of plates, and do maybe 1-3 reps on shrugs. Traps the same size as yours.

trap bar.

I don't own a trap bar!

I dont have a problem with going heavy on shrugs as I said do a mix of heavy and high rep shrugs but not max effort lol, but if your grip isnt the best in the 1st place or your at a fairly beginner level like you are then why use straps for anything? you should be doing everything possible to increase grip strength...

I do dedicated grip work! That's what you're missing here!
Look at my videos, I hold my deadlift 1RM for a good 5 seconds after the lift!
Grip is not a problem for me! However double overhand grip and hook grip is a problem for me, but I don't use that in any of my lifts anyway! May as well use straps for them!

I don't own a trap bar!

I do dedicated grip work! That's what you're missing here!
Look at my videos, I hold my deadlift 1RM for a good 5 seconds after the lift!
Grip is not a problem for me! However double overhand grip and hook grip is a problem for me, but I don't use that in any of my lifts anyway! May as well use straps for them!
buy one

your 65kg.. your traps are okay, but they only look decent because everything else is tiny

why do you think you know everything lmao

btw - my grandmother is bigger than you

I don't think I know everything
It's just stupid shit like "straps are for pussies" and "direct grip work is bad, just hold back your deadlift until your grip strength catches up" that I find laughable

You see in most cases after someone fails to present a solid argument, they resort to slander and petty name calling, typically with big words that they hope will make them sounds more intelligent than the other person in the discussion. You seem to be performing excellently in this phase of the argument.

why darkman? No one else on this forum shows their face? lol

Well, very few.

I would like to see pics and vids of half the blokes who throw their advice and weight around in this joint?

Actions speak WAY louder than words in my opinion.

0ni doesn't need to post up pictures of his face. Just like no one else on this forum has to either.

cmon darkman?

0ni's already shown his face a number of times, both in pics and videos
I'd just like to see it when he's posting photos of his physique

I'd like to see pics or vids of members and their faces actually training and showing us what they lift and where they're at with their goals too.....but you know....sometimes, they just never come darkman??

lol

The proof is always in the pudding.

yep, I have seen some people buddy. Incredibly inspiring too many of them. But there are others, who I have never seen a pic or vid of...not ever.

It's good to see people practicing what they preach and living by their comments and showing people what their results are? More of that is neccessary and less of the shit talk imo