• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Female training-PTC style

Last night I had a group of girls lifting while some of the footballers were doing there strength sessions.

Carolyn did bench squats with 80kg x 2

Emma did 80kg x 5 and 90kg x 1

Nina did 90kg x 5.

Carolyn was disappointed with her efforts. I leaned over and asked the boys what weights they used for squats today, they all used 70-75kg

Made Carolyn feel a lot better

When the girls finished, they jogged some laps on the oval.

A PT of some kind has a group on the oval, sort of jogging and lots of stretching.

The PT class is called..........learn to jog, they have a banner waving in the wind.

This is not a lie, I couldnt make this up.

So this group has advanced from walking, they have that down pat, now they are jogging.

I'm going to start Learn to Eat. The classes will be free, you just need to pick up the tab

Josta benched 50kg tonight, her and Vicki are next closest to benching a plate, along with Sussi, both have benched over 50kg

Behind them is Carolyn,Emma,Amy,Nicole and Louise,all have benched 45kg

Nina
Annie
Amanda
Brittany
Kat
Dimi

Have all benched 60kg+

It will be great when I have 10 girls who can bench 60kg at PTC

I have a group of 5 girls starting on Thursday night, might be another bolter in that lot

My sister joined a gym this week:

Her program consisted of (suprise, surprise):
Lat pulldowns
"That machine for your butt"
Leg Press
Machine Flyes
and various other machines.

Not ONE compound movement. Not even one.
When she told me I said "Get in the Car, We're going to Frankston NOW!!"
No such luck, which is a bugger because I was hoping to score a lift.

Lat pulldown and leg press are in fact compound exercises.

Most girls cant chin so the lat pulldown is a fine exercise.

Squats are frowned upon by certain gyms/PT's, leg press is the best machine leg exercise

The program isnt the worst I've seen, but it could be better

Hey Markos,
I benched heavy last night, I got 70kg for a double and then 2 singles after that! I could of got doubles from both of the singles aswell but I was in shock, lol. xox

Lat pulldown and leg press are in fact compound exercises.

Most girls cant chin so the lat pulldown is a fine exercise.

Squats are frowned upon by certain gyms/PT's, leg press is the best machine leg exercise

The program isnt the worst I've seen, but it could be better

My bad on the Lat Pulldown and Leg Press front, I suppose I was a bit narrow minded, I've just really thought of barbell and dumbbell exercises as compound exercises. So thanks for clearing that up.

I had a quick look at the gym she joined, pretty much machines everywhere, and one half-rack w/oly barbell. The only Barbell I saw in the place in fact. A quick check had about 7 guys doing biceps, while the power rack sat unused in the corner. Everyone else was just using machines.

Surprisingly, couldn't find a bench in the place either. The atmosphere just seemed quite hostile. But hey, after seeing Markos' place I suppose it is going to be very hard to go to a gym that can remotely compete.

@Annie That's very impressive, you could easily shame most of my school,(me included) on the bench. Or any other lift for that matter :D

Free weight exercises would be preferable over the machines.
Kinda depends on their 'training level'.

I tried to teach my brother to squat on Sunday and probably spent 30minutes doing it before getting anywhere near something that resembled one.
This Sunday is deadlifts so that should be interesting :eek:

Last edited:
Cyanna and Nicole both deadlifted 100kg tonight.

Brittany set a new PB and upped the PTC record with a 145kg deadlift @ 74kg.

The WR in the open section is 140.5kg, Brittany is still a junior.

She did this with no belt

Nice stuff

I love the way you train your girls cos I can use them as an example of why my friends should be looking to lift heavy (I've lost count of how many people I've shown Britt pulling 142.5)

Sample convo . . .
Girl: I increased my weights tonight
Me: you should be aiming to increase them every time you go
Girl: I don't want to look like the hulk
Me: does this girl look like the hulk? *sends link to vid*

Brittany did her deadlift with the entire Dolphins footy team watching, it was their break up party last night.

When she left, all the players asked me her status and name.

I told them I only knew her dads name

Detective E**** lol

Shut them up quick

Heres a few lifts girls made this week

Sussy and Nina did 120kg bench squats for reps

Amy and Nicole did 100kg for reps

Nicole deadlifted 105kg

Josta benched 55kg

Louise benched 45kg x 2

Kate benched 40kg x 2