• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Female training-PTC style

Little Sussi and Nina both did high box squats with 100kg x 5 tonight, Nina also pulled 117kg x 2 on the trap bar.

Carolyn and Emma both benched 40kg x 5, they also did 85kg x 5 on the bench squat.

Had a new girl start tonight, Josta. She will be training 3 x a week. Her brother has trained at PTC.

Amy is a mother of 4 who trains at PTC. She is slim and fit, she wanted to get strong, her husband trains at PTC.

Amy can now bench 45kg, she can bench squat 60kg x 5 and trap bar deadlifts 97kg x 5.

She has managed this with around 4 months training, lifting once a week only

That's interesting that she lifts just once a week and still sees progress to that level. I would have thought she'd need 2+ sessions a week for that.

Well done to her, her experience has taught us something. Even once a week does you good if you put your heart into it.

I have to admit shes very determined, I think shes hooked on strength.

She has firmed up, but still weighs the same, only much, much stronger.

I have another 2 girls starting on Thursday, plus 4 girls have all added a session, must be bikini weather on the horizon lol

24.jpg

Thats Nina chinning with added weight,her best is 16 full range deadhang chins.

As I get other pics of the girls, I'll post them up.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Wow! I love Nina's tattoos! And chin ups are definitely a goal of mine, so it's inspiring to hear about other women doing so well.
I think it's fantastic that you guys are so positive about girls getting into serious lifting- so many gyms tend to ignore, if not downright discourage, women from participating in things like powerlifting, so it's great to see you guys being so encouraging.
By the way, thank you so much for your help today, it's very much appreciated. I'm looking forward to coming down to watch the girls train too,
there's nothing like that desire to improve your own training after watching others do well- it always inspires me to do better.
Emma

I only read upto page 12 so far and am extremely impressed. Especially with dim.

Do you have pics documenting the progress? That and here lifts are the sort of thing I would love to show some girls interested in getting fit.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dimi no longer trains at PTC, but whilst there, she improved at a rapid rate.

She has a big frame, she is a mesoendomorph, very suited to powerlifting.

Shes not very tall and competed in the 82.5kg class, after sauna and dehydration, sat at around 84kg usually.

Fitness wasnt Dimi's bag, strength was. She was VERY strong.

I have a new girl making outstanding progress.

Linh is only 55kg and has been lifting for a couple of months, once a week mainly, twice if she can. Her brother Minh and boyfriend Harvey also train at PTC.

Yesterday was the first time I tested her strength. She has mainly been doing conditioning work and 10 rep sets. She is flexible and has no issues getting into the correct position to lift, therefore her form is extremely good.

Squat 60kg x 4
Bench 35kg x 3
Deadlift 90kg x 1

During the session, Huey (Kapow) was also lifting with Harvey and Minh, so she was only lifting with Kylie. The girls train at a rapid pace, very little rest between sets.

If taking our time and not fatiguing due to multiple sets leading up to a 1RM, I feel she wouldve benched 40kg as she hit the upright on her attempt, squat 70kg and deadlift 100kg.

She got 100kg off the ground but I told her to drop it, she was doing 5's from 40kg all the way up to 90kg.

We also havent done any absolute strength work before. Linh looks like she weighs 45kg, not 55kg, she is obviously packing some serious muscle. She's never lifted weights before.

Another girl I should mention.

Josta has been lifting at PTC for a month. Her brother lifts at PTC on Saturdays.

Tonight she squatted 70kg x 1, benched 35kg x 5 x 5 and deadlifted 80kg x 3 x 5

Imagine her lifts in a year

I train a young woman once a week, recently was her ninth session, she is starting to enjoy strength-specific training. At around 63kg she today squatted 55kg x5, and today was her first ever deadlifting, so we just did 60kg x3 after some singles. Good potential, I think.

Tonight Brittany had a crack at some big lifts.

She hadnt really pushed her max for awhile.

Tonight she squatted 85kg, benched 62.5kg and deadlifted 142.5kg, all PB's.
She had a little more in the squat, none in the bench and a bit more in the dead.

The 142.5kg deadlift is a gym record for any girl, done without a belt by a 20yo

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6IIb3XvFWg[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2mNmv0bits[/ame]

Last edited:
Britt the Tank, has a nice ring to it lol

See you Thursday Britt

Has anyone seen the movie Tank Girl?