• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fat gripz any one?

Agree, good review. Where you located mcFly? Might be able to test them out.

They would be good for dips, depending on your dip handles shape and size. Fits most bars, etc. though.

Located in Melbourne. How are they on tri press downs and skull crushers ?

Located in Melbourne. How are they on tri press downs and skull crushers ?

Fine, I had no problem with either. Used them for ohp as well with no problem. Also what is with you and training your 'serratus' as well, seems like youre trying to 'major in the minors', you may as well dedicate more time to your anterior tibialis as well....

Fine, I had no problem with either. Used them for ohp as well with no problem. Also what is with you and training your 'serratus' as well, seems like youre trying to 'major in the minors', you may as well dedicate more time to your anterior tibialis as well....

Nah lol ever since I saw Rambo as a kid I wanted to get my serratus like sly's in that. My body fat is getting low and it compliments a great set of abs chest and lats that's all lol just fine tuning mate haha

Most of us probably should dedicate more time to our tib-anterior, actually. The only reason I don't do serratus work is that I can't get the exercises that are supposed to be good for it to actually work it.

On topic, I've been using fat gripz for the last few weeks on my rows. Grip is usually my point of failure on max deadlifts, so I'm seeing what sort of influence these have. I'm still getting a lot of back work while rowing, although now my forearms are giving out sooner than my biceps. I think my curls make up for any deficit there.

Most of us probably should dedicate SOME time to our tib-anterior, actually. The only reason I don't do serratus work is that I can't get the exercises that are supposed to be good for it to actually work it.

Nah lol ever since I saw Rambo as a kid I wanted to get my serratus like sly's in that. My body fat is getting low and it compliments a great set of abs chest and lats that's all lol just fine tuning mate haha

Tib Ant. work is good, but like KungFooGoo said it's not a major concern unless there is an actual problem. Serratus Ant. on the other hand, is like the hip flexor for the upper body. If you have shoulder problems there is probably going to be some dysfunction with it.

Push up plus' are a good movement for proper scapulothoracic function but like Ryan most people have trouble feeling the right muscle working. By taking the "plus" part of the movement and performing it standing on it's own with the aid of a band it's a great starting progression. Other exercises that I would add in are Pullover variations and DB pressing.

McFly, they're real good with triceps especially with a false grip (on the appropriate exercise). Which area of Melbourne are you? North, south?

Tib Ant. work is good, but like KungFooGoo said it's not a major concern unless there is an actual problem. Serratus Ant. on the other hand, is like the hip flexor for the upper body. If you have shoulder problems there is probably going to be some dysfunction with it.

Push up plus' are a good movement for proper scapulothoracic function but like Ryan most people have trouble feeling the right muscle working. By taking the "plus" part of the movement and performing it standing on it's own with the aid of a band it's a great starting progression. Other exercises that I would add in are Pullover variations and DB pressing.

McFly, they're real good with triceps especially with a false grip (on the appropriate exercise). Which area of Melbourne are you? North, south?

Thanks for the info bams. Much appreciated! I'm in the west

We've got a shop in Melbourne - will get in touch with Aaron tomorrow when I'm in the office to see if he has them in stock and you can smash out a few reps to test em out?

Cool where in Melbourne is it located ? I actually purchased a force usa power rack and 7ft bar from u a few years ago but from your eBay store

Fatgripz have also recently brought out an extreme version which is slightly bigger.

The original fatgripz are 5.6cm in diameter, the extreme is 7cm in diameter.

I'm an average sized guy and find the originals ok for my size - I've found the extremes a little too big.

Did you end up getting some McFly?

Fatgripz have also recently brought out an extreme version which is slightly bigger.

The original fatgripz are 5.6cm in diameter, the extreme is 7cm in diameter.

I'm an average sized guy and find the originals ok for my size - I've found the extremes a little too big.

Did you end up getting some McFly?

Hi bud,

I ended making a new dip belt and fat drips for 30 bux. I can't justify spending
30-40$ on fat gripz. They are almost identical to my mates pair tried and tested.

Cheers
http://youtu.be/ANWZyQcvk8g simmerlar to this but bunnings got good variety