• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fat gripz any one?

McFLy

super m0derator
Any real benifets in them as a bodybuilding perspective ? For like curls, chins ect?

Waist of cash or u can't train with out them ? Opinions please

Unless you are going in a grip competition no real point. Just limits the weight you can do on most exercises.

Yep. Got them too, waste of money. Use on pull ups now and then but wouldn't say it's worth it.

I like- but I'm not a big buff guy.
I put them on kettlebells, use them for closegrip bench, some rows. Crazy forearm workout bonus.

I personally found that when using them for rows, it seems to take some of the strain off my sore elbows/biceps

Any real benifets in them as a bodybuilding perspective ? For like curls, chins ect?

Waist of cash or u can't train with out them ? Opinions please

I'm a fan of Fatgripz...I've used them about 3-4 times in the past month. Can definitely feel it working your forearm.

They claim that you are only as strong as your weakest link, so if you have weak grip strength then you won't be able to deadlift as much (as an example).

Unless you are going in a grip competition no real point. Just limits the weight you can do on most exercises.

It limits the weight because it makes it harder - I like em :) not for every workout and every exercise but good to work it into a program.

Last edited:
It limits the weight because it makes it harder - I like em :) not for every workout and every exercise but could to work it into a regime.

No shit.

But if I want to improve my grip I will do specific grip work rather than limit good exercises by throwing fat grips on.

I don't see the point.

l like using them for barbell curls / db bench thats about it though. Tried them once for DB Rows and the weight that l had to drop to use the just wasn't worth it and as Bazza said its not a good way to train grip.

l like using them for barbell curls / db bench thats about it though. Tried them once for DB Rows and the weight that l had to drop to use the just wasn't worth it and as Bazza said its not a good way to train grip.

How do you prefer to train grip guys?

Like Adam said one of the positives of Fat Bar training is the reduced strain on the smaller joints, specifically medial elbow and wrist, thanks to the increased surface area in which the weight displaces through the palm of the hand.

Another is irradiation, by making the hands and the forearms work harder the surrounding musculature is able to contract harder.

For bodybuilding, use Fat Gripz like a mechanical dropset. They limit the weight you can curl so start the set with them on. Then when you reach failure strip them off and rep out.

So if you have trouble with your elbows while doing tricep work for example, try Fat Gripz if you have access to them.

Like Adam said one of the positives of Fat Bar training is the reduced strain on the smaller joints, specifically medial elbow and wrist, thanks to the increased surface area in which the weight displaces through the palm of the hand.

Another is irradiation, by making the hands and the forearms work harder the surrounding musculature is able to contract harder.

For bodybuilding, use Fat Gripz like a mechanical dropset. They limit the weight you can curl so start the set with them on. Then when you reach failure strip them off and rep out.

So if you have trouble with your elbows while doing tricep work for example, try Fat Gripz if you have access to them.

Good review..I might grab a pair mainly coz if its gunna give my Popeyes indirect stimulation with no direct movements then it means I can drop my forearm work and put that time into extra an work and serratus work..will it indirectly improve fore arm size? Also are they good for dips?

Good review..I might grab a pair mainly coz if its gunna give my Popeyes indirect stimulation with no direct movements then it means I can drop my forearm work and put that time into extra an work and serratus work..will it indirectly improve fore arm size? Also are they good for dips?

Agree, good review. Where you located mcFly? Might be able to test them out.

They would be good for dips, depending on your dip handles shape and size. Fits most bars, etc. though.