• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Essendon FC investigated over supplements

UFC only tests after an event if the local State sanctioning body doesn't test.
Not sure if the Nevada State Athletic Commission is the body who does the majority of out of event testing for fighters accredited to fight. Then each individual State Athletic body, depending on where the event is held, will test prior and post events, if not UFC has done so.

I watched some older UFC fights and there seemed to be a lot of gyno going around. One bloke was terrible. Looked like he was breast feeding.
Don't really see it in the current fighters like that.

Um, let's not pretend creatine and anavar work in the same way.

But even assuming they work in the same way, the difference is simple, any who eats meat is already getting creatine. It's no different to protein. It's derived straight from food. Anavar is synthetic testosterone.

The only PED that is somewhat hypocritical is caffeine, which WADA has banned at various stages. Very difficult to police as it is found in so many things we consume and have formed an almost unbreakable cultural practice over hundreds of years.

It's not as if no one ever thought about what constitutes a PED. There is plenty of literature on the topic on the WADA website if you care to look.

Both chemicals work in identical ways. They both have an effect on the endocrine system as well. The only difference is that one is more effective than the other. There is plenty of evidence to show that creatine increases DHT (studies done in athletes). Creatine is not derived from food. It is found in food but manufactured synthetically in a lab. Growth hormones and IGF are also found in food...

Last edited:
I barrack for Essendon. Best team, clean or on drugs. Look at the scoreboard, most flags. It may be a conspiracy to stop our 17th premiership.

Last edited:
Not true, we were going to win in 2013 but now this ...

Goddard was going to do the work of six defenders, which was going to free up extra midfielders who would actually take some possessions off Watson and kick straight and handball more effectively.

Word got out and others conspired; the rest is now history.

Not true, we were going to win in 2013 but now this ...

Goddard was going to do the work of six defenders, which was going to free up extra midfielders who would actually take some possessions off Watson and kick straight and handball more effectively.

Word got out and others conspired; the rest is now history.

Sounds like Essendon supporters are on drugs as well.

I barrack for Essendon. Best team, clean or on drugs. Look at the scoreboard, most flags. It may be a conspiracy to stop our 17th premiership.

Rorted salary cap in 93 (proven) and most likely the side was on gear in 2000 to go 21 and and 1 as hird was working with dank then. Same game so was woewoeden. Long history of corruption !!! Go back to vfl u pack dog tip rat scum black and red maggots!!! I rate your scummy side as low as collingwood !!!

Go the hawkers !!!!

great year 2000, saw Dons smash roos by 20 goals in finals and Richmond by over 100 pts that year.

Was also at match we lost to Bulldogs. we were close to perfect then and had a good run with injuries.

I think the others may have been tempted to cheat to be competitive with us after that.

Rorted salary cap in 93 (proven) and most likely the side was on gear in 2000 to go 21 and and 1 as hird was working with dank then. Same game so was woewoeden. Long history of corruption !!! Go back to vfl u pack dog tip rat scum black and red maggots!!! I rate your scummy side as low as collingwood !!!

Go the hawkers !!!!

In 2000 dank was still in Sydney. He was our head trainer then. Left us in 2001. Loner of a bloke, strange but likeable at the same time.

iPhone using Tapatalk

This debate is a bit of bullshit, although the govt report may raise important questions.

Drug use has long been in the AFL./VFL in past years. For christ sake, there was no testing for years.

I know of one VFL player who won a best and fairest at a club on drugs the whole year, i know an VFL club doctor who openly told me he gave deca injections to speed up major injuries.

I know of one, now community feted, chemist who used to take the same script for anabolic steroids and give it back each time with it being used sometimes for months. One doctor got quite angry when he knew his profits were being undermined from less patronage.

I remember going to Aust Sports Commission centre a few years back and seeing the canoeist named their champ of year in photoson wall. He was later convicted of association with anabolic steroids.

But now we have to panic, because Aust sport is supposedly riddled by drugs. I mean these people employed in govt often do not really have much of a clue about sports or drug history. But i suppose drugs in sport now offers a new way for supposed top class research. Look at the US, officials once covered up use, now they race each other for brownie points.

Sport is much cleaner than it was in the past, albeit that scrutiny must remain vigilent. The nature of sport is always that many will look for a edge either to cheat, or to minimse any disadantage against their opposition.

Money may have made the problem worse, but this attitude was also rife in amatuer sports in past years. Still is. What about all the footballers running around on gear with little fear of being tested. What about the many who do take illegal peptides with no effective test yet.

While Aust can be proud of its record, they certainly will be disadvantaged against other naitons with far less stringent attitudes. This is a prime reason why i feel we should fete our Aust champions much more, even if their standard is less than overseas.

Last edited:
Essendon FC fucked up.
Exercise doesn't need to be complicated or complex. Too much time is spent picking the fly shit out of the pepper.

They wanted there players their players to be bigger and stronger.
That weapon bloke is typical of today's crop, he had them training too long and too close to the season, 2 hour leg session, then players had to spend another 2 hours skill training.

If anything, the training regimen he had the players follow was criminal, stupid, idiotic.

Duty of care is number one, the weight room should, has to be the safest place in the stadium.

Exercise is, should be performed to increase ones flexibility around a given joint, applying resistance to a muscle without impact from the fully stretched position to fully contracted position, by increasing one flexibility you are increasing strength, and size.

This is the byproduct of exercise, and it shouldn't happen over one season.

It makes my fuckin blood boil and I predicted the increase of injury, injuries could be cut dramatically if coaches viewed exercise differently and not think like Olympic weightlifters and power lifters.

Jamaica?

As you know i wrote this with some reference to that country.

Is the current sports drug-testing regime fair? | The Roar

also, read following

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/08/12/bernstein-usain-bolt-is-probably-doping-and-you-know-it/

As for heavy lifting for non-heavy weightlifting athletes, i agree it is a bit overrated albeit that such exercises can be more efficient in terms of time and so on.

Sport is skill, specific factors such as courage, and power which can be attained by a variety of exercises that strengthen specific muscles. Two of the NFL greats hardly did weights, John Riggins and Herschal Walker, but both huge and powerful. Truth is power is power, and there are many ways that succeed.

Last edited:
Lol. There just was an Essendon we are going to do whatever it takes ad on TV.

You would think they would pull that ad and lay low for a while. Especially the whatever it takes part. Doesn't really look great for them.

so its gone from AFL players using rec drugs to performance enhancing drugs, really who gives a fuk??? is it any different to a hyper chamber or some wacky chinese medicine being used? i think in sport you need drug tests done and put in place, other than that get on with the game!