• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Essendon FC investigated over supplements

has always been the case , while the law does state " innocent until proven guilty" but in the real world it doesn't work like that

if you have ever been questioned by the cops you'll understand that they think you are guilty straight off and you need to proof that you are innocent

eg: when i was 13-14 i was doing a paper round , basketball cards were all the rage and big money to be made in them , at the shop i worked at a box of cards got stolen , all us paper boys got dragged to the cop shop and questioned separate and with out a parent or guardian with us , questioned for 30mins with a cop jumping down your throat saying " admit admit it , you stole the cards"

no way could it have been one of the adults working there , what would they want with basketball cards? as it turned out , it was one of the adults working there that stole them

fast forward to the 2000's .. there i am walking down the street with some kitchen scales after my mate had baked a cake , straight off the cops were thinking i was some big time drug dealer , i had to prove my innocence

it happens in the work place too , it has always been the case of guilty until proven innocent

same as when you goto court , you have to be a nutcase if you don't try and prove your innocence ,

agreed.

Several years ago I went out driving like a dickhead with a couple of mates, lost control and cleaned up a big square kerb - destroyed both rims on LHS so got a lift home with someone else and intended to come back next day to collect car on a trailer.

Got there about 2pm - car gone. My first thought was "someone probably reported me for driving like a dickhead and the cops have towed the car." Rang around all the police stations in the area and each of them said no, if theyd towed it they would have called the registered owner (me) straight away. Police saying they didnt have my car, I dont have it - fuck me, its stolen! So I reported it as such...

TWO FUCKING MONTHS LATER I get a call from cops saying they have "recovered" my car. I go in to cop shop to get it, turns out they DID tow it and it had been sitting at the station ever since. I then spent nearly 5 hours in there being interrogated and hammered for "falsely" reporting the car as stolen. Had a big list of charges they wanted to lay on me..

I was completely upfront about my driving like a dickhead, told them exactly what Id done that night etc and was happy to accept any charges relevant to that but they were less interested in that (this was when hoon laws were just coming into effect, maybe even slightly before) than they were in my "false report" and tried for hours to get me to admit to that.

The bloody car wasnt even insured, what did they think I would have to gain by claiming it was stolen?

My Essendon Lie – By James Hird
(Sung To the tune of ‘American Pie’)

A long, long time ago
I can still remember how Shane Charters used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance that I could make my players dance,
And maybe they'd be stronger for a while.
But 2013 made me shiver with every paper that was delivered,
Barratt on my doorstep - I couldn't take one more step.
I can't remember if I cried when I read about how they proved I lied,
But something touched me deep inside the day my fiction, died.

So bye-bye, to my Essendon Lie,
Took my Bombers to the top, and built up our pride.
And my good old boys injectin’ another peptide, singing…
"No-one will ever know that we lied,
No-one will ever know that we lied."

Did you write the book of push & shove and do you have faith in Demetriou above?
If the AFL tells you so.
Now do you believe in 9604? And how drugs can save your football soul?
And can you teach me how to inject - real slow?
Well, you know that I was in love with Dank, since I saw him injectin’ out the back.
We both beefed up our tans, to show off to all our fans.
I was a lonely rookie coachin' buck, with a Brownlow medal and a million bucks,
But I knew I was out of luck the day they found I lied.

I started singin' bye-bye, to my Essendon Lie,
Took my Bombers to the top, but then our hamstrings died.
"Hope they never find out we lied,
Hope they never find out we lied."

Now for ten games we've been out on our own, with hidden texts on my mobile phone,
But that's not how it used to be.
When the rumours came that we weren’t clean, when in truth we were as high as James Dean
“But the drugs came from Dank, not me.”
And while me, the King, was counting cash, ASADA found my hidden stash.
The courtroom was adjourned - until the ASADA verdict was returned.
And while Sam Newman read a book from FARC, the media stakeout in the park
And we injected in the dark, the day our dreams died.

We were singin' bye-bye, to my Essendon Lie,
Took my Bombers to the top, but no-one knew why.
"Do you think that the media has spied?
Do you think that the media has spied?"

Helter Skelter in a winter swelter, the wheels fell off in another belter.
Seventh place now and falling fast.
Another player lying on the grass
A hamstring sprung trying a short pass, another player on the sidelines in a cast.
Now the premiership air is sweet perfume, while Meatloaf sings an awful tune.
We’d all love the September dance, Oh, but we’ll never get the chance
'Cause if the players try to take the field – will ASADA refuse to yield?
Will we ever really know what was revealed the day my dream died?

We were singin' bye-bye, to my Essendon Lie,
Took my Bombers to the top, but then David Evans cried.
"ASADA’s looking and I’d better go hide,
ASADA’s looking and I’d better go hide."

And there we were all in one place, an entire season lost in space
With no chance left to start again.
So, come on, Jobe be nimble, Jobe be quick - Watson sat “On the Couch” real quick, ‘cause
Roosy is the Demon’s only friend.
And as I watched him on the stage, my hands were clenched in fists of rage.
No angel born in Hell could break that Roosy spell.
And as the ratings climbed high into the night to light the sacrificial rite,
I saw Roosy laughing with delight. That’s when, they knew, I lied.

He was singin' bye-bye, to my Essendon Lie,
Took my Bombers to the top, but our success was a lie.
"Now our premiership dreams are fried,
Now our premiership dreams are fried."

I asked my wife, who hates the Blues, and I asked her for some happy news
But she just smiled and turned away.
I went down to the AFL store where they all loved me years before
But the man there said that finals, we wouldn't play.
And in Bay 13, the Bombers screamed, the Magpies cried and the Hawks all dreamed,
But not a word was spoken - the servers all were broken.
And the three men I admire most: The Demetriou, The Dank and the Charters Ghost
They caught the last train for the coast the day they’d found I’d lied.

And they were singin' bye-bye, to my Essendon Lie,
"I can’t believe they found out we lied,
About ever having seen a peptide.”

They were singin' bye-bye, to my Essendon Lie,
"I can’t believe they found out we lied.”

Hirdy and Jobe are probably two of the most gentleman-like characters in the game at the moment.

the text messages make Hird look like a twat, and I don't believe they have been challenged

its all well and good to say that they didn't go out with the aim of cheating, but that does not fully reconcile with ignoring Reid's letter (further evidenced by the texts after)

Dank was not a rogue operator, at best you can call Hird naive and grossly irresponsible, but he was across what was going on and seemed to enjoy his fair share of jabs throughout the process as well

also lol @ the redacted parts of the statement of grounds

Anyone hear the research scientist they got on triple M saying that peptides used in animal research were causing massive increases in the rate of heart attacks in the animals.

Anyone hear the research scientist they got on triple M saying that peptides used in animal research were causing massive increases in the rate of heart attacks in the animals.

Yeh!!
He said anyone using peptides for more than 90 days will have an aneurism or heart attack. If the AFL and NRL are full of peptide abusing players, why hasn't anyone got sick or dropped dead then?
Either that guy was a stooge & doesn't know his stuff, or not as many players are using them.

Did he talk about relative doses?

Give a rat 7698 panadol a day and it will be dead pretty quick. Maybe I should alert the world that panadol will kill you if you use it for more than 2 days

Did he talk about relative doses?

Give a rat 7698 panadol a day and it will be dead pretty quick. Maybe I should alert the world that panadol will kill you if you use it for more than 2 days

Enough of the panadol one sticky you and I know its very safe in recommended doses. Anything is dangerous if you take enough.

He didn't give specifics out on the radio probably for obvious reasons but did say in his opinion though the research he has done on cattle long term use of peptides at the doses people are taking for performance enhancement that it would significantly shorten your life span.

Personally I don't care just thought it was interesting. Others can take what ever they want.

I would have loved to look up his research but is name and voice were changed so have no idea who he was to find the research.

The panadol point is still valid though.

I agree, its safe in recommended doses, but I think peptides are too.

Unless he mentions doses used, that statement is completely irrelevant.

Trust me, if they were as dangerous as he makes them sound, a lot of people are going to be up shit creek.
I hope they can get some good research done so people know what they are up against.... Like Panadol

The panadol point is still valid though.

I agree, its safe in recommended doses, but I think peptides are too.

Unless he mentions doses used, that statement is completely irrelevant.

Trust me, if they were as dangerous as he makes them sound, a lot of people are going to be up shit creek.
I hope they can get some good research done so people know what they are up against.... Like Panadol

Peptides are not even recognized for human use yet??? Where is the research showing what the safe dose level is.

There isnt, thats why I said I think, not know.

I dont know of any research that says low dose testosterone is safe, but I think it is.

Yeah, I heard bits of it in the background.

What's your thoughts?

You'd have to assume it was all fair dinkum?

There isnt, thats why I said I think, not know.

I dont know of any research that says low dose testosterone is safe, but I think it is.

I would say with most performance enhancing drugs to take enough to get a performance enhancing effect there must be some pretty big changes going on in the body and its probably past the safe level. But that's just my opinion.