• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Essendon FC investigated over supplements

Thoughts on the penalties?

I am glad its over for the sake of the game and so we can actually focus on the finals.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Not sure it is over yet, ASADA still has to make its conclusions about whether any of the peptides use was illegal.

Thoughts on the penalties?

I am glad its over for the sake of the game and so we can actually focus on the finals.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
2mil bux has got hurt. I know they are a wealthy club but still a lot of dollars.
I think [MENTION=3627]Silverback[/MENTION]; should donate to the cause. :D

2mil bux has got hurt. I know they are a wealthy club but still a lot of dollars.
I think [MENTION=3627]Silverback[/MENTION]; should donate to the cause. :D

The thought that "supplements" where going to make a difference is stupidity, ignorance and typical.

To win a GF, a club needs to have at the very least 3 elite players, the rest can at very best be mediocre IMO.

It's got nothing to do with supplements or crazy weight training programs.

The only thing Essendon are guilty of is bad Managment.

Yep agreed, and this is point i think which is missed so often in this discussion, too many people are saying it is unfair and they didnt cheat etc etc, that is not the issue, the issue is the complete mismanagement of the whole suppliment program, to not know what exact suppliments or whatever have been used for individual players is extremely poor and this is what the charges have been levelled at.

$2mil fine well it is a fair whack, however, in the big scheme of things when you have a CEO like Little, who could pay this from him petty cash account, it is not going to effect the club too much, but it is a big enough fine to deter other clubs in future as well as setting a precident that if something like this happens again the fine will be even bigger.

I do agree with the draft picks and removing of playng finals as well as the other sanctions to individuals in Hird, Thompson, Corcoran, and we will see what happens with Dr Reid, i think one saving grace for him is the evidence in the letter he wrote on the concerns to James Hird which was ignored, so he may get off with a fine as well..

I will never doubt Hirds integrity and courage.

It's no secret that i dont like him and my opinion of him through all this has deteriorated due the arrogant way he has conducted himself, HOWEVER, i dont think he deliberately setout to do anything illegal (if they have) I think he was sold and fed dodgey information by Dank and Co and probably instilled too much trust in others without having a full understanding of what was going on and how business was being done, this I think was his major undoing and therefore, he must take responsibility for this.

I'll never forget the day he received a fractured skull and came back bigger and better than ever, a true champion and gentleman.

champion player yes, but hardly a champion coach.

Years thus far, including second half debacle of 2012, now wasted. Further, loss of drafts and huge bill.

The best thinkers are the ones that take heed of all aspects of policy of the day. No one should ever take serious risks; this is judgement call.

champion player yes, but hardly a champion coach.

Years thus far, including second half debacle of 2012, now wasted. Further, loss of drafts and huge bill.

The best thinkers are the ones that take heed of all aspects of policy of the day. No one should ever take serious risks; this is judgement call.

Success comes from good judgment good judgment comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgment*;)

The thought that "supplements" where going to make a difference is stupidity, ignorance and typical.

To win a GF, a club needs to have at the very least 3 elite players, the rest can at very best be mediocre IMO.

It's got nothing to do with supplements or crazy weight training programs.

I will never doubt Hirds integrity and courage.

Hear, hear.

Hirdy and Jobe are probably two of the most gentleman-like characters in the game at the moment.

Both are stars, and have been caught up in the sensationalist shit storm over the last few months.

The accusations by the general public, without having a shred of knowledge, is at best disgraceful. "Drug cheats", and particularly the booing of Watson (what for, can anyone explain to me?) is an unfortunate demonstration of the lower-middle class pleb that attends the football.

To me, crucifying these guys over the last 3-6 months without giving them a chance to speak openly, ie; you're guilty, prove it otherwise, has put the game into more disrepute than the badly managed supplement scandal. The media, as always, should be ashamed of themselves. Cockroaches, keeping themselves in a job. Since when, regardless of the medium, do we not afford people their innocence until proven otherwise?

I have face palmed so many times, even to the point of wanting to punch people in the head. If i've kept a close eye on the proceedings, and I still don't know all the facts, how can you possibly, with the utmost confidence proclaim they're "drug cheats" conclusively? The management of those years is questionable, that we've established.

As a Bomber supporter, it may come across as a case of obvious bias. Let me tell you, this isn't so. I love the club, sure.. However, should another club face a similar situation, I would afford them their right of innocence. It's pretty simple.

Lift your game, general population.

All things being equal, Melbourne FC could be argued, that they got off lightly.

The bombers should donate the 2 mill to them.

Fuck them I say and I doubt this is all over. Take banned stuff no matter wether people say it was beneficial or not, i don't care. You get what you deserve. I still think ASADA or WADA will have something more to say.

Even though i hate Essendon, the same goes for any club that gets caught out.

I am an Essendon supporter too.

However, what about other sports people who get banned for similar.

I know one person that got caught (I think Craze), and he told me he had even rang ASADA for advice before he used it. He suggested to me that ASADA was unclear on it.

If the PEDs were banned, then the players that took them have to go; fair is fair.

Last edited:
Fuck them I say and I doubt this is all over. Take banned stuff no matter wether people say it was beneficial or not, i don't care. You get what you deserve. I still think ASADA or WADA will have something more to say.

Even though i hate Essendon, the same goes for any club that gets caught out.

IF after the ASADA invetsigation has been completed and it is proven that their players have taken or been administered illegal substances then they will be banned as they should be.

What Essendon has been charged and copped their whack for now is the mismanagement of the suppliment program and thus bringing the game into disrepute, so far they aren't drug cheats

Since when, regardless of the medium, do we not afford people their innocence until proven otherwise?

has always been the case , while the law does state " innocent until proven guilty" but in the real world it doesn't work like that

if you have ever been questioned by the cops you'll understand that they think you are guilty straight off and you need to proof that you are innocent

eg: when i was 13-14 i was doing a paper round , basketball cards were all the rage and big money to be made in them , at the shop i worked at a box of cards got stolen , all us paper boys got dragged to the cop shop and questioned separate and with out a parent or guardian with us , questioned for 30mins with a cop jumping down your throat saying " admit admit it , you stole the cards"

no way could it have been one of the adults working there , what would they want with basketball cards? as it turned out , it was one of the adults working there that stole them

fast forward to the 2000's .. there i am walking down the street with some kitchen scales after my mate had baked a cake , straight off the cops were thinking i was some big time drug dealer , i had to prove my innocence

it happens in the work place too , it has always been the case of guilty until proven innocent

same as when you goto court , you have to be a nutcase if you don't try and prove your innocence ,