• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

eating icecream?

Well, it is good to have a cheat meal once a week or even twice a week. Personally, i would limit it, but as long as it fits in your daily requirements it could be okay. The thing that would worry me is that its processed a lot and the high amounts of sugar. Instead i would have cottage cheese, and just limit ice-cream to max twice a week.

Hope this helps.

Some Notes About Ice Cream

I have an almost incurable love affair with ice cream. I can occasionally control myself and avoid it for days, even weeks at a time, but I'm invariably called back. Is ice cream "bad," or at least as damaging to good health as many of us have been led to believe? There's no denying that the high butterfat content is contraindicated for those on a low fat diet, but ice cream does have a number of pluses. For those who like to rationalize their indulgence, note the following: -as an energy source, its assimilability makes it a good food for children.

-Its milk protein is complete, containing all essential amino acids. its homogenized fat globules are easier for the body to digest than the fats in most other desserts.

-it is a calorie-dense food, excellent for those interested in gaining weight.

-conversely, its palatability and ability to satiate make it possible to eat small amounts and still be psychologically satisfied, an important point for those seeking to limit caloric intake.

-it is high in carbohydrates, usually from a variety of sugars.

-it is a good source of many minerals, and the lactose, or milk sugar, enhances the assimilation of calcium. Although lacking iron and other trace minerals, many vitamins are present.

Ice cream's high levels of cholesterol and fat can indeed be a problem for those on restricted or fat! cholesterol modified diets. Certain brands are also higher in fat and calories than others. With planning and an intelligent approach to nutritive intake, ice cream need not necessarily be banned from the diet of a health conscious person.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey silverback you sound like you got a Phd in ice cream :p
- for body recomposition it doesn't matter, the amount of calories for your goal does!
- and for health what silverback listed!

cookies and cream ftw...

I have been eating dairy soy wheat egg free icecream..

Its mainly coconut and nut butter its awsome.

get it here.

The Suveran

when I want a reall good cheat I go down to cold rock get a 1 litre tub of natural cream/ cookies and cream and mix in oreos, maltesers, more oreos and milo.... then I sit there at eat the whole litre.... F*** its good.

when I want a reall good cheat I go down to cold rock get a 1 litre tub of natural cream/ cookies and cream and mix in oreos, maltesers, more oreos and milo.... then I sit there at eat the whole litre.... F*** its good.

You have given me a fantastic idea :D

We usually get frozen yoghurt, hits the spot like ice cream does but is also good for the gut with live cultures etc

I was so happy i ran 5km yesterday that i celebrated by getting me and the missus an icecream. Havent had icecream in like 6 months...

Just dont tell anyone i ate it! :p

You guys have no idea.

I eat ice cream nearly every day. I can easily knock back 2 litres in one sitting, done it often

Now here is where you guys go wrong.

Ice cream only comes in VANILLA, all that other shit they put in just ruins it.

VANILLA, VANILLA

Got it?

Hells yeah!

Vanilla ice cream all the way, and vanilla milkshakes/thick shakes are heaps better than other falvours.

French Vanilla i think they call it is the bomb.

Almost got Cold Rock last night but the misses fell asleep on the couch and I couldn't be stuffed going for a drive.