• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Eating at work 2 breaks only

Jnr478

Hi all
Before i start my aim is to cut a few kg's (10kg's) , i have decent shoulders and arms but lack in the chest (man boobs) and stomach area.
I have oats in the morning for breakfast or vitaweats (skim milk)
I would like to ask who out there is in a job where you only have 2 breaks for meals.
I start work at 6am my 1st break is at 10am and my second break is at 2pm and i do not get home till 6pm
Im am finding it hard to balance my meals as my previous job i could eat small meals every 3hrs.
Does anyone have any sugestions on what i should be eating in these breaks to maintain a helathy intake and enough fuel to keep me going.

I try and get to the gym 4nights a week sometimes 5nights
Any info on what to eat to keep me going as well as help with the healthy eating would be good
Thanks jnr

Im not loosing weight which is my aim
When i was eating every 3 hrs i dropped weight , i dropped good kg's in a good time frame.
Hence the question on with only these 2 breaks what should be consumed

Last edited:
When i was eating every 3 hrs i dropped weight , i dropped good kg's in a good time frame.

Daily total is all that matters

Eating every 4 hours compared to 3 hours is not going to make a difference at all.

In vs Out. As long as you follow that then you will lose.

If you really get hungry, take a shaker to work, fill it up with some water (milk if your in an office, water if your a tradie and don't have an eskie). Throw in some whey and bingo you won't go hungry and is a nice boost.

Should really workout your macros, should be around 2200-2500calories a day
40|30|30 split of Protein, Carbs and Fats always seemed to work for me

In vs Out. As long as you follow that then you will lose.

If you really get hungry, take a shaker to work, fill it up with some water (milk if your in an office, water if your a tradie and don't have an eskie). Throw in some whey and bingo you won't go hungry and is a nice boost.

Should really workout your macros, should be around 2200-2500calories a day
40|30|30 split of Protein, Carbs and Fats always seemed to work for me

Can't really make blanket calorie statements for people. Depends from person to person and they have to work it out for themselves and adjust as necessary.

It does not matter in the slightest how many times a day you eat, how would eating more meals make you lose weight??? Makes no sense.

You lose weight when your overall callorie intake per day/week month is below maintenance.

Eat less move more pretty much covers it.

As for what to eat, well you have to know what you like, no good me telling you to eat ham if you hate it, eat what ever you want as long as your calories stay below maintainance.

Last edited:
What is your job?

While you may not have a rostered break, a lot of jobs allow enough time to get away from work, add some water to a protein shaker and chug it down. Or quickly snarf down a muesli bar or something. Takes as much time to take a bathroom break. You may even be able to multi-task there.

I only eat two meals a day...

12pm and 6 pm

this. everyone is different, but for me, oats/weetbix and milk in the morning is going to make me hungrier during the morning than fasting from the night before through til the afternoon.

it took me about 2 weeks to break a 30 year dependency on eating within minutes of waking up and now i could imagine HAVING to eat that early (or as often as i used to for that matter...)

I'm the opposite, I wake up starving and need food immediately, or else I get grumpy and crampy all over. Breakfast is one of my biggest meals of the day. Conversely, I can skip lunch no qualms at all if I am having a bust day, but definitely make up for it @ dinnertime!

Everyone is different, can not actually eat when I first get up to go to work, it makes me feel sick in the gut just thinking about eating before mid arvo to lunch time.

What is your job?

While you may not have a rostered break, a lot of jobs allow enough time to get away from work, add some water to a protein shaker and chug it down. Or quickly snarf down a muesli bar or something. Takes as much time to take a bathroom break. You may even be able to multi-task there.

Im a steel fixer / concrete finisher
Im on a civil construction site atm , i may start taking a bit longer "bathroom" break and see what i can consume.

I thought I told you to get some shut eye! Bwahahaha!!!

So long as you're eating the right things it'll happen. Also, you need to drink a shit tonne of water for what/where you are working. Chat soon grub.

I work in construction too mate. Two breaks a day is fine. I usually only get one.
Make sure you have breakfast, get it all out & sorted the night before, it will save you time in the morning. You can have breakfast at home, then a shake when you pull up to work in the car.
Have your two meal breaks, then have something in the car for the ride home. Something easy to eat and drive at the same time, fruit is perfect for that. Easy, healthy and cheap.

Yeh oz i did end up sleeping lol
Mate i drink 5ltrs of water between 6am and 10am
Then i will refill my water bottle and have maybe a 2.5ltrs in the arvo
Ive been eating more fruit , and a shake might be the go also.

On a hot day when I have throw on a belt and pitch in I make a shake first thing (WPI, water, half frozen banana, 8 ice cubes - blend till thick) throw in shaker and whack it the Esky. Sip away on site or at smoko. Insanely good.