• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Donna Hay slams paleo diet and others as ‘just a new eating disorder’

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
FASHIONABLE diets that encourage people to cut out entire food groups such as grains or sugar are nothing but “a new eating disorder”, Donna Hay says.

The celebrated Aussie foodie believes it’s sad that so many people are taking up extreme diets that focus on eliminating foods, rather than embracing moderation.
In her crosshairs: fad revolutions with huge followings like the so-called paleo diet that eschews processed foods including bread, and the I Quit Sugar movement that frowns on sweets.
“Dairy-free, sugar-free — I think some of them are just a new eating disorder,” Hay told Daily Mail Australia.
“There’s the I Quit Sugar program. And so many people quitting carbs, quitting drinking ... It’s ‘I quit’, ‘I quit’. For me it’s about a lifestyle choice.”
She said there were enough rules in life without restricting the food we ate, and it made her “sad” that people deprived themselves of “balance”.
260161-14a3826e-652a-11e4-9c0d-89afc213d2de.jpg

... And Hay’s apple and almond cake. Source: Supplied

270765-86ede440-652a-11e4-9c0d-89afc213d2de.jpg

Whose kitchen rules? Pete Evans’ harira soup ... Source:Supplied

Celebrity chef Pete Evans is a vocal advocate of the paleo diet, publicly endorsing the regimen in a 2100-word Facebook post last month.
Evans insists the diet is often incorrectly maligned because of misconceptions about it in the public.
“They say it is expensive, which I can prove it isn’t. They also say it is hard, which I can prove it isn’t,” he said, referring to criticism from the Dietitians Association of Australia.
GETTING HEATED: Evans v DAA on foodie front
He completed a seven-city tour of Australia earlier this year to promote the diet. But the DAA sides with Hay when it comes to strict elimination diets.
“Some proponents of paleo suggest we avoid all grains, legumes, certain dairy products, conventionally raised meats, non-organic produce, and genetically modified and processed foods. This simply isn’t practical for many Australians,” chief executive Claire Hewat said.
237318-674645ce-652a-11e4-9c0d-89afc213d2de.jpg

Family man ... Pete Evan’s newest read. Source: Supplied

237836-4fe7cc9a-652a-11e4-9c0d-89afc213d2de.jpg

Giving up the sweet life ... Sarah Wilson’s popular book.Source: Supplied

While Hay reckons restrictive eating is a dud, she has some common ground with Evans’ food philosophy when it comes to a ban on processed foods and certain fats.
“When it comes to Pete, any kind of healthy guidelines about eating better and incorporating more vegetables in your diet is a good thing,” she told Daily Mail Australia.
“But I think extreme shift in eating should be about processed foods and trans fats. It’s not about cutting out whole food groups like dairy.”
237372-d1fc2088-6529-11e4-9c0d-89afc213d2de.jpg

Practising what she preaches ... Donna Hay fights fit with a healthy diet and exercise regimen. Source: Supplied

Hay knows a thing or two about healthy eating. She shed three dress sizes in 2011 and has kept the kilos off the old school way: diet and exercise.
“I run. I enjoy food, I eat well but I still treat myself.”

Paleo Diet: Donna Hay slams restrictive diets as eating disorders

Well they are eating disorders.

Unless you are allergic to certain food groups is stupid to stop eating them.

'I quit sugar'? What the fuck does that even mean?

'Inorganic' and 'organic' food has been around for centuries. But only now the definition really matters?

Fuck off ya kunce. How fucking stupid.

And why are these people even allowed to promote an eating disorder? I may as well put a cook book on 'How to get fat and phat, Headley's 101 extremely fattening recipes that will attract girls to YOU.'

In a lot of ways promoting this garbage is just as damaging as promoting junk food, video games, or anything 'unhealthy', the author(s) are just replacing one (possible) eating disorder with another.

What a bunch of bullshit.

/rant

Last edited:
Anyone that has had the displeasure of flicking thru that I quit sugar piece of shit will find that it has the look and feel of a book aimed at teenage bulimic weaklings with anger management issues due to malfunctioning prosthetic limbs.

Anyone that has had the displeasure of flicking thru that I quit sugar piece of shit will find that it has the look and feel of a book aimed at teenage bulimic weaklings with anger management issues due to malfunctioning prosthetic limbs.

Exactly. It's crap that preys on peoples vulnerabilities/body conscious issues

Sounds informative. Off to library....

Mrs had that book. What a fucking piece of shit. The authors only credentials is she is a celebrity.

Pete Evans is no better. Activated almonds. Wanker.

237372-d1fc2088-6529-11e4-9c0d-89afc213d2de.jpg

Practising what she preaches ... Donna Hay fights fit with a healthy diet and exercise regimen. Source: Supplied

Hay knows a thing or two about healthy eating. She shed three dress sizes in 2011 and has kept the kilos off the old school way: diet and exercise.
“I run. I enjoy food, I eat well but I still treat myself.”

post-30826-Ed-Norton-laptop-close-gif-Hul-Teya.gif

Did you mistype that?

What the fuck are activated almonds?

Pete Evans - My Day on a Plate

7am Two glasses of alkalised water with apple cider vinegar, then a smoothie of blended alkalised water, organic spirulina, activated almonds, maca, blueberries, stevia, coconut kefr and two organic, free-range eggs.

8.30am Sprouted millet, sorghum, chia and buckwheat bread, with liver pate, avocado, cultured vegetables, plus ginger and liquorice root tea.

12.30pm Fresh fish, sautéed kale and broccoli, spinach and avocado salad, cultured vegies.

3pm Activated almonds, coconut chips, cacao nibs, plus green tea.

6.30pm Emu meatballs, sautéed vegies, cultured vegetables, plus a cup of ginger and liquorice root tea.

8.30pm A homemade coconut, carob, blueberry, goji and stevia muffin, and a chamomile tea.