• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Doms, is this normal???

I'm having trouble working out what is best, see when i did legs 3 days per week, only 1 session was good, the others were really half ass as the legs had not recovered.

All this talk of overtraining etc etc, like the people that train biceps 3 times a week, if i did that you would probably laugh.

Kinda sucks i need my legs for my job.

Just had a break from gym, so about 2 weeks since i did legs, pretty sore!

I when i get DOMS I look at it as a good thing but these days its just a bit tender not really bad.

Funny story though. I did a work out that was 50 squats with an empty oly bar then run 400m repeat squats and run till you have done 200 squats and 1.6km's for time. About 48hrs afterwards, my legs were jelly, if I didn't walk with my knees locked they would collapse. Anyways the funny part of the story was I fell down a flight of stairs and sprained my wrist.

In relation to you though Craze, I guess as long as your diet and rest is good then nothing to worry about. If you don't want that level of doms maybe just dont go as hard?

Mark M, doms isnt related to muscle growth at all so I ask why you think of it as a good thing?

Mark M, doms isnt related to muscle growth at all so I ask why you think of it as a good thing?

As far as I am aware, doms is related to muscles being unaccustomed to the eccentric phase of resistance. So if i get doms I look at it as knowing that I am still pushing myself.

Mark

As far as I am aware, doms is related to muscles being unaccustomed to the eccentric phase of resistance. So if i get doms I look at it as knowing that I am still pushing myself.

Mark

That is an incorrect assumption and and stupid statement.

That is an incorrect assumption and and stupid statement.
thankyou for giving constructive critisism to my comment. very helpful..

I said..
As far as I am aware

The reason I said what I said is that, no one actually knows 100% what doms is caused by and they only have theories. Some of which include, lactic acid theory, tissue breakdown theory, inflammatory response theory and repeated-bout theory to name a few.

I chose the theory that makes most sense to me and from my own experiences. Just as you did with your own experiences..

In my experience DOMS is a result of not doing a particular exercise often enough throughout the week.

If it is you are an expert on doms and have studied it further then just personal experience then I retract everything I said and appoligise.

Mark

How many years have you been training and training on a consistent basis, not only yourself but training other people and reading literature regarding weigh training and personally talking with people whom are older and wiser than yourself?

Silverback, please note I am not and was not attacking you or your information. Merely giving Craze (the thread creater) my two cents.

As asked. Reading literature for the past 5 years with the last 2 years being while studying physiotherapy at uni. My training in relation to doms is approximately 4 years with varying goals (the last year being, trying to get bigger). Training others for last 3 years. Does this warrant my opinions as worthy? Maybe, maybe not.

I am well aware you are older and have been training longer then myself. I don't know your researched knowledge. I don't think it is fair to dismiss someones ideas because they are a noob or just accept someones ideas because they are old.

It is hard to tell when someone is being sincere or disingenuous on forums but I guess we have to give the benefit of the doubt.

So as I said before,
I chose the theory that makes most sense to me and from my own experiences. Just as you did with your own experiences..

Mark

I gert DOMS when.
1, Resume from break in training.
2, Perform high rep sets. Possibly due to lactic acid build up - Possibly????
3. Perform and exercise I have not done for a while or ever before.
4. Perform negatives.