• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Doing the calories

This is good information.

However, my question is do you guys (& gals of course)
test your cholesterol etc each year to make sure it's at a
healthy range?

I mean we may look OK on the outside but a sick pup inside.

Devante.
More factors than just purely nutrtional intake effects cholestrol levels. :)

Daily calories which I am sure it does Of course it does. The energy balance is real, unlike the insulin fairy...

calories are in every food but clearly living on take away
is not healthy calories. Or eating a box of shapes The only difference is micronutrient density macronutrient balance. Calorie is calorie with all things equal.

Yes hungry all the time. Example 4 cooked eggs + a bowl of oats+ 1 cup of yogurt + 1000 calorie shake and an hour later I am still hungry. Swap that 1000 cals shake for 1000 cals of steak or other food type and see how hungry you are then. Use common sense. With that said being hungry is not the end of the world.

Thank you I got mixed up, as the body needs something to keep it going and I know when waking up it is important to get it out of catabolic. I read this some where before and now cannot find it to support my thinking. I do realise it can burn fat but I didn't think it works that simple. I'm catabolic 23 hours a day apparently...Fasting losses are comphensated for in fed times. Training enhances fed state gains....the body is much smart and more efficient than you know. FYI, your metabolic doesn't decrese until 60 hours without food....

Eating big meals is not the problem. The problem is I am skinny, I have a super fast metabolism I am pretty sure as I find I am always hungry even when on a 3500 calorie diet plan + the 2000 worth of liquid calories I am drinking. You don't have a fast or slow metabolism, you have either a high or low calorie requirement. You just don't eat/consume enough calories.

My main concern is if I am sticking to that 3500 calorie plan and find myself hungry through out the day can I ignore the hungry or would I risk loosing muscle? Eat more whole food. 2000 calories of whole food is going to fill you up more than liquid. That should be common sense and you should then realize you will not be as hungry as you currently are.

I know it is simple to say go eat, but it doesn't work in with what my work entails. Eat larger meals at your scheduled meal times. That is f'n simple, yeah?

Thank you
I've nicely answered all your questions :)