• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do you use creatine?

I heard a guy died while using Creatine, so i don't use it anymore...

lolz j/k

Seriously though, i don't. Don't work out hard enough for it

yeah cause extensively researched + no real sides

tend to notice it more with increased soreness etc when not training.

I never used to use it up until a year ago. I only take about 5g at a time, so not something most people would notice, and I certainly don't notice it. So I only really take it due to it's documented benefits of filling up the muscles, not as a stimulant.

have used it off and on, have tried the loading phase and no loading but haven't noticed any difference any time I have used it, last time I used was only because a guy at work gave me a kg that he wasn't using coz he didn't want to bulk up too much.....:rolleyes:

When I remember, why? You ask, cos it can't hurt, not much effort, it's cheap and I have a kilo of it lying around.
did I see any results from it? ..........errrrr............NO.

When I remember, why? You ask, cos it can't hurt, not much effort, it's cheap and I have a kilo of it lying around.
did I see any results from it? ..........errrrr............NO.

yeah, think I calculated awhile back that its 10 cents per 5 grams if you buy the cheaper online ones.

Last edited:
Yes I do....and I don't notice much except for less lactic buildup on work sets, and weighing a bit more.

Daily, 3 x heaped tsp (approx 5-7g ea - yeah I know about diminishing returns and the studies you could cite saying 5g daily is the max useful dose etc but I don't tell you how to live) morning/pre wo, post wo and last thing at night. My personal opinion is that creatine and L-glutamine are the two most basic supplements that should be in a BBers stack and there's factual information to back them both.

What effect have I noticed? Like virtually all OTC supps (like DAA in that other thread) I don't think acute usage of a single substance will provide a significant tangible gain, however, sustained long term usage of a variety of supplements can be of benefit as the cumulative effect of many 1%'ers adds up over time (particularly in times of sustained caloric deprivation). Is it quantifiable? No. It will vary from person to person like everything else in this game. At the end of the day if you feel there is a benefit to supplementing with it (within reason) then go for it.

Last edited:
Does creatine protect against catabolism? Can't remember where I may have heard/read of that.

I've still got 1/2 kilo left, might start taking it again just for shits and giggles.

Does creatine protect against catabolism? Can't remember where I may have heard/read of that.
Taking glutamine will help with catabolism. BCAAs will also help a bit due to increasing protein synthesis and tell your body to turn more protein into muscle.

Taking glutamine will help with catabolism. BCAAs will also help a bit due to increasing protein synthesis and tell your body to turn more protein into muscle.

It will only help if you are eating a diet deficient in protein.

I haven't used it, I want to stay natty.

J/K

Tried it twice, both times I started out I felt sick and couldn't stop pissing, so I stopped. Might give it another spin and push through the sickness because it will probably go away after the first few doses.

Definitely makes me piss more, especially when I was 'loading' it. Don't bother with that chit anymore