• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do you SUCK at Benching?

Did 5x10x50% today and it seemed kinda easy lol
Going to up it to 60%

I used to cycle through 60%/65%/70%/55% when I did 5/3/1. 50 is pretty easy but its meant to be still doable when you're maxing out your main lifts.

Wendler is strong as fuck and I suck at benching so I suspect that the lower percentages are more for advanced lifers so I'd probably need a higher % because of that

Wendler is strong as fuck and I suck at benching so I suspect that the lower percentages are more for advanced lifers so I'd probably need a higher % because of that

No, the lower percentages are so that any rank beginner with no strength or endurance whatsoever can do it. Each cycle the assistance will rise with the main lifts so that eventually it will become difficult to complete the set reps.

I used the wave loading because I like to use heavy assistance work. I gain as much strength from it as I do my main lift. I don't believe that assistance should be a walk in the park and, if he weren't afraid that it would give every retard free reign to fuck up the program, I'm sure Jim would agree somewhat.

Last edited:
I find it quite interesting that the majority of big benchers basically do bro-training - even the females
Looks like my upper body work is going full bromode for a while lol. Low reps don't seem to be doing much for me and a craptonne of volume is pretty much the only thing I haven't tried

So the big question here is, how do I bro?
Thinking about doing Wendler's suggestion of 5x10x50% after each exercise (once a week) as it keeps it fucking simple

smolov jr?

I wish i could flat bench more.158kgx2,last wednesday night.Middle of my workout sesh.Really dying in the ass though.2x5reps 100kg,2x3reps 120kg,1x130kg,1x140kg,then the 1 rep 158kg and lock it up still laying on bench gain my thoughts and then another 1 rep 158kg.Full flat bench sesh barbell touching chest and full lock out at top.This is one of 10 or more workouts i do in my 2hr wednesday night sesh.If i concentrated just on chest and abs for instance would surely be able to hit the 170kg mark.....See what happens.

cant bench raw? go equipped!

cant bench properly equipped? welcome to my world hahaha