• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do you get offended by the insults of children?

do you get offended?

• yes

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • NO

Votes: 13 72.2%

• Total voters
No offense mocha but going only by this thread and some other posts/threads, I reckon you'd be hard work and high maintenance
Just my humble opinion

fair enough, though i only come on here for 1.advice 2. entertainment.
I wouldn't normally post stuff about my everyday life on here so i wouldn't be surprised if you only got a negative perception by reading my threads about my insecurities /worries/wanting other peoples opinions on something.
All I want is to know if how i feel is common or not to justify my emotions toward something/ feel better that its common.
And it this case its clearly not so I suppose i am hyper sensitive

That bullshit with Dark Knight was childish beyond the extreme. I was just making an ironic link with that episode, and a few others. Relax folks.

I wouldn't normally post stuff about my everyday life on here so i wouldn't be surprised if you only got a negative perception by reading my threads about my insecurities /worries/wanting other peoples opinions on something.
All I want is to know if how i feel is common or not to justify my emotions toward something/ feel better that its common.

Oh honey, don't be mistaken, kids are ruthless! lol

But it's because they have no tools to rationalise and really have no sense of diplomacy, they haven't learnt that yet. So if someone's fat, they'll say so. If someone's missing a limb, they'll point and ask why. If someone's severely burnt, they'll say on the top of their voices "Mummy what's wrong with their face"

It's embarrasing, as a parent, that's fo sho!

I wouldn't take it to heart, I am certain you're a beautiful girl exactly as you are ;)

And just think, someday, when you're old, you'll lose your ability to rationalise and use diplomacy too (it comes full circle) and then you can tell this kid....that she's fat too :p

lolol

Mocha,

look at the upside in this (there is ALWAYS and upside :)). maybe today you realisd that you are a bit sensitive about your body image. If a comment from a child can get you worked up, maybe it's time to take a step back and WHOOOAAAA, get a reality check on where you are at. Sounds like all that child did was maybe articulate your own thoughts in the back of your mind. otherwise you wouldn't get worked up about it.
Obviously you are NOT FAT. Not by any stretch of the imagination.
So maybe you need to be a little less hard on yourself.

This is a good thing. Like I said, relax.

:)

hmm you know what. you guys are right, im really over sensitive. i really aim to work on that.
I do feel pretty pathetic over letting something like that get to me..:rolleyes:
there are way bigger problems in the world.

Last edited:
I wouldn't sweat it Mocha.......you're young, many people at your age would have similar concerns about their perceived inadequacies. As you grow older, you will learn to be much more at peace with yourself, both on the inside and outside.

what kids say can cut deep, but u got to remember they dont understand.... according to my niece im a fag and smell... yes, her saying that was influenced by my brother hahahaha

lol hmm, when you say they don't know..my cousin is 8 and I think she would know if it was offensive

I am probably gonna get flamed for this but in my experience kids say exactly what they are thinking and most of the time it is exactly what everyone else is thinking but won't say out of politeness or fear of hurting someone. Kids just lack the control the adults have and just blurt it straight out.

Do you get offended by the insults of children?
No, because an insult is only an insult when the insulter has a full grasp of his or her faculties/reasoning power. Children aside, even an adult whom you deem to be of a simple mind/possessing less than normal intelligence; that person would also fit into the children's category. I could very well be totally wrong of course since no man is infallible. However I've given you my opinion on the subject. Thank you.

Fadi.