• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do you enjoy your occupation?

I'm an irrigation designer, pays not too bad, company vehicle, outdoors when the weather is nice and indoors when the weather is shit.

My real passion is my property development company; will be doing it full time in the next two years.

A couple of things in life I don't understand, but the biggest one is this:

Why the hell someone would waste their life away, doing something they hate?

Find something you love, do it well, and never "work" another day in your life.

Easier said than done.

I drive cabs

the more you hoon, the more money you make. And you get blowjobs while driving from drunk girls.

What can possibly be better then that, seriously

And if you think about its perfect for bulking. at the office you got to get up and use your leg muscles to walk to the fridge for a protein shake. I just sit on my arse and go through the drive thru and get a dble 1/4 pounder

And you get blowjobs while driving from drunk girls.

8de09-NotSureIfSerious.jpg

A couple of things in life I don't understand, but the biggest one is this:

Why the hell someone would waste their life away, doing something they hate?

Find something you love, do it well, and never "work" another day in your life.

So they can retire at 40.. I work a high paying job now that has lots of stress and responsability then use it to create a nice nest egg for yourself. retire 15 years early and travel spend time with kids etc

So they can retire at 40.. I work a high paying job now that has lots of stress and responsability then use it to create a nice nest egg for yourself. retire 15 years early and travel spend time with kids etc

Fair call.

But, I put this to you - why not find a way to make some serious cash out of something you enjoy and have the best of both worlds?

Look at the richest men in australia and indeed the world - they often work 12, 15, 18, even 20 hour days. Not because they need the cash, but because they enjoy it.

But, horses for courses, if that's the shortest possible path to where you want to go in life, you have my best wishes! You've taken the biggest step, and that's figuring out where you want to be; most people don't even think about that, they drift through life aimlessly.

I hang off power poles all over the place. Now and then I send pictures of the country side to guys I went to uni with (I have a comp sci degree) so they can see what the world outside their cubicle looks like.

Being a govt corporation though, I'm sick of the meetings and other bullshit they do that makes the job impossible to do without making it safer.

Dickheads sit in an office being overpaid to find ways to keep themselves employed.

It's good fun though when the job's on. Standing on a ladder all day after a squat session is awesome, so awesome..

Yes and no.

I'm a Park Ranger.

Love it when I'm out doing the things you think parkies always do, love being out in the boat, taking kids snorkelling in marine parks, doing some hard physical work out in the sun, working in beautiful places, etc

Often hate the enforcement side of things, fining dickheads on jetskis and in boats for doing the wrong thing and putting others safety at risk, hate regularly seeing poeple taking undersize fish, not being able to give a piece of my mind or fist to fucking smart arses and douchebags, annoying office shit, taking orders from people up in head office who have no fucking idea what is going on, etc...

Overall I do like my job most of the time. I can't really complain though as I probably have it better than most, most of my complaints are due to working in an urban location and being part of the bays and maritime division. If I get too sick of it I'll just transfer to a nice coastal, bush or regional location..

I'm a soldier, currently teaching new soldiers how to become telecommunication technicians. I really enjoy getting in the classroom. It's still good after 9 years, but I'm trying to get to ADFA to study Civil Eng and become an officer.

Where are you based at Knoted? My missus is trying to join (as a psychologist - already has the degree)

I'm tempted to join up if I get sick of the IT game, dunno if I'd stick with IT based ( Information Systems Tech or Try Telecommunication Tech - maybe even SCO) or maybe even just become a grunt... if I can afford to take a huge paycut :(

Where are you based at Knoted? My missus is trying to join (as a psychologist - already has the degree)

I'm tempted to join up if I get sick of the IT game, dunno if I'd stick with IT based ( Information Systems Tech or Try Telecommunication Tech - maybe even SCO) or maybe even just become a grunt... if I can afford to take a huge paycut :(

I'm in Melbourne. If you came through as a Telecom tech I'd be teaching you. Remember to add conditions when you work out packages. Housing assistance, medical and dental is worth $20k, plus an 8 month stint in Afghanistan will net you $100k tax free plus shitloads of holiday.

If you have questions about the jobs just pm me.

I've been working away for the past week. Love the living away allowance. ehehehe

Last edited:
I'm in Melbourne. If you came through as a Telecom tech I'd be teaching you. Remember to add conditions when you work out packages. Housing assistance, medical and dental is worth $20k, plus an 8 month stint in Afghanistan will net you $100k tax free plus shitloads of holiday.

For real?

If you have questions about the jobs just pm me.

forgive my ignorance.. but wouldnt working in Afghanistan be kind of "dangerous".

For real?

Yes. Salary, Service Allowance and Uniform Allowance adds up to $72k p.a. for me as a Corporal Telecom Technician (that doesn't include getting my rent at half market rate, medical and dental). While deployed that's all tax free. We recieve $250 per day while within Afghanistan as danger money. We also get about $20 per day as field pay (harsh conditions, long unusual hours, eating ration packs, exposure, no shower, no toilets, etc). A couple of other small thigns I can't remember that don't add up to much.

I had no qualifications apart from a grade 12 certificate when I joined at 18, so it's a pretty good gig.

forgive my ignorance.. but wouldnt working in Afghanistan be kind of "dangerous".

A bit. But that's what we get paid for, and doing the job for real (on operations) is the reason most of us join.

Sedentary office work good/bad

I was 100kgs and after 3 years ballooned to 175kgs - negtavive
Dumped 80 kgs in short time using the office as my gym - positive

I like the spare time/ after getting work done early though.