• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do you consider yourself strong?

Strong is an A or B grade on the powerlifting total for your age group and weight division.

Generally for able body males aged under 50 and not shaped like a poopstick, a strong guy can do 3 plates on the bench, four and half to five plates on a proper squat and five to six plates on a deadlift.

Awesome is any oly lifter of intermediate grades or above, or anyone who can do more than three plates on the clean.

Yes, I consider myself strong (relative to the average guy), but definitely not "elite", or even "advanced" for some muscle groups probably.

So, "strong" in a societal sense, but not necessarily in an athletic sense (depends what kind of athlete though :)).

But that's fine, because I'm not a competing athlete of any kind.

Never considered myself even close to strong enough for my height and weight. I am finding strength in different ways as i get older. At 48, there's a satisfaction in getting stronger, slowly but surely, rather than reaching the ability of someone else.

I'm doing ok for my weight.

But I think body weight is an excuse for being weak.

So in that case, I am far from strong.

At the moment, nothing.
I haven't trained since worlds, I have other priorities at the moment.

That said, I don't think anything under an 800 total is "strong", so that would be the first goal.

Next to the avg joe I am strong - next to most powerlifters my size no I am not that strong.