• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Different routine for strength/size?

How heavy do you lift? You need to know what will cause you pain. I could go tell you to squat, deadlift and press but they may cause you pain and then you would have to forget those and do something else. You may also only get pain if you lift lighter or heavier or low reps of high reps. Your condition makes it quite difficult to suggest anything without knowing exactly what sets you off.

It sounds like low intensity but constant exercise is a big trigger. How about high intensity very short exercise like 5 reps of heavy squatting?

i think your right on the money there dave.
at the moment i only have a sinlge weight bench that has 3in1, so no free weights, but i should be getting some very soon.

what i have been doing (is probably very wrong and weak)
35x40lbs bench
30x40lbs pull down (wide grip)
30x30lbs pull down(narrow grip)
35x40lbs bench
25x30lbs curls
hope that makes sense for you

Instead of looking on a site and talking to people who do not understand your condition (I do but it is not my area of interest so I do not know it in a lot of detail) you should go search out for someone who knows a bit more. Medical conditions are tricky especially yours.

I do not know if serious weight training is for you, the best way is to suck it up for a day and go try and squat a heavy set of 5 and see how you feel. Then if it is ok try another 2 sets. After that go home and see how you feel the next day. If you are in agony then obviously serious weight training is not for you and you need to go visit someone who can work with you. There should be an exercise physiologist around you somewhere. Go to the essa.org.au website and have a look.

Give it a shot at least you will know the answer.

when you say a set of 5, do you mean 5reps and see how i go?
and what sort of weight would you class as heavy?

when you say a set of 5, do you mean 5reps and see how i go?
and what sort of weight would you class as heavy?
hat might be heavy for you might be ligh for some one else. Suck it and see then you'll know what's heavy.

Well done for having a dig.

I'll give it a go when i get my free weights.
i'll be sure to put a post up to let you know how i go .

5 reps, as heavy as you can before you fail. Just pick a weight say 40kg and go for 5-8 reps if you do it easy up the weight by 10kg or so until you fail. After that you should know whether you can stand lifting or not. It does not matter if you fail as it is really a test of whether heavy lifting brings you pain.

Hey, I thought I would share this article with you, I clipped it from an online magazine

That is awesome. Thanks. You think that I should superset tricep kickbacks with bicep curls and time my rest interval to 90 secs and I will get massive arms?

I've stumbled across Todd from Las Vegas, I'm now whole. I'm set for life baby.

Skitzoid, you need to be checking some books or online articles that cover the complete spectrum of weight training i.e. exercises, nutrition, recovery etc. The quality of the articles may vary, but after reading a few you'll get the idea.

You seem to be coming from a position of nil knowledge. To try and get your first baby steps in knowledge from a forum leaves you open to potentially inaccurate info from guys who think they know what they're on about, but may be misguided. You'll get some good advice on the forum, but you also might get some not so good advice. At this early stage you're in no position to be able to distinguish between the two.

what lifts are best to build biceps and traps

Bicep curls are an often overlooked exercise that may work well for you.

For traps, try shrugs, dumbbell or barbell. Some sharp thinkers have recently been advocating body weight shrugs, but you'd be best to avoid radical approaches at this early stage.

Good luck!

is this definatly for real?
i'm seriously going to try it

Hie! Try it and let me know if it works. I am in the learning process myself. Been just a few months since I started Working out. I came across the clipped article when I was searching for ideal rest period between sets. :)

That is awesome. Thanks. You think that I should superset tricep kickbacks with bicep curls and time my rest interval to 90 secs and I will get massive arms?

You're welcome! I'll leave the experts here on the forum to answer your question as I have little knowledge and experience about supersetting exercises.

My perspicacity is discombobulating

I'm going to suggest that the best way for you to empower yourself is to read as much as you can.

Read what you enjoy and is simple, start with buying the muscle magazines at the news agency.

Experiment and enjoy.
Don't ask questions, find out for yourself.

I'm going to suggest that the best way for you to empower yourself is to read as much as you can.

Read what you enjoy and is simple, start with buying the muscle magazines at the news agency.

Experiment and enjoy.

The following errors occurred with your submission:
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Don't ask questions, find out for yourself.

You're welcome! I'll leave the experts here on the forum to answer your question as I have little knowledge and experience about supersetting exercises.

Oh just assumed you did. Never mind. Il try it. Maybe I can tone my arms as well.
:cool: