• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Dexa scan Results

weight isn't the only measure of fat loss, if you are looking leaner that's a plus.

the more you eat while losing weight the better obviously you maintain more muscle on the higher calories.

True, But i NEED the weight to be down for boxing, at least 80kg.... and 10% bf is my goal

Its getting very frustrating, 2 more weeks then 3000 here i come

oh yes I see now

are you going to do the whole dehydration thing like the pros?

I'm waiting to stall on my current low calories and bump it up to around 3.2-3.3k calories

weighed in at 96kg this morning..

Im really starting to think that this starvation mode thing is bullshit, im considering doing dropping cals to 2100, complete 360 from raising to 3000 but im getting quite frustrated.

yeah I don't take much notice of "starvation mode" unless you not eating for 4 days. However I do believe ones metabolism can stall on reduced calories for a prolonged period of time. It maybe worth raising you intake up to 3k calories for a week to allow you metabolism to kick start it self, its largely a game over cat and mouse and finding out what works for you.

yeah I don't take much notice of "starvation mode" unless you not eating for 4 days. However I do believe ones metabolism can stall on reduced calories for a prolonged period of time. It maybe worth raising you intake up to 3k calories for a week to allow you metabolism to kick start it self, its largely a game over cat and mouse and finding out what works for you.

Ive tried so many calorie ranges its just getting silly now.

I don't believe ive done any metabolic damage either, Ive always had no problem eating....

Just so frustrating at times... putting in all this hard work and the results just aren't kicking along quick enough

I feel your pain

I have been trying to get lean now for about 2 years still around 12-15% BF, doing everything thing from keto to IF. The more I stressed the more worse it go.

Now I just eat what I feel and try to be consistent with my training, with great results and a lot less stress

I hope you can find what works for you. Keep at it

how long are you sticking with each calorie range?
how accurately are you logging or calculating? couldn't be missing anything?

how long are you sticking with each calorie range?
how accurately are you logging or calculating? couldn't be missing anything?

atleast 3 weeks or so, i log and weight 98% of food during the week and mabey have a meal out on the weekend, but no full on cheat days ect as i prefer to eat good whole food anyway.

Since starting boxing again 4 months ago, going minimum 4 times a week and still been lifting ive lost about 2kg...

Ive upped the roadwork as of this morning with 3 6km jogs a week. so il see if that helps by putting me into a bigger deficit, Thats even if in in a deficit.

Last 2 weeks ive been eating 200cals above by BMR, so 2300 cals, my BRM from dexa was 2180

Not real keen on eating below that either. but if i need to then il do it.

considering just fuking off the calorie counting and just eat normal, i know what i need to be eating, calorie counting just seems to do my head it when i dont see results.

considering just fuking off the calorie counting and just eat normal, i know what i need to be eating, calorie counting just seems to do my head it when i dont see results.

best thing I ever did, I know what in my food after tracking them for about 2 years.

Do you maintain consistent meals, ie eat the same kinds of things, or do you have lots of variety and rely on the calorie counting for accuracy?

Instead of calorie counting, you can have some basic home cooked meals, for which you do know the macros, then simply make small adjustments depending on what happens on the scales.

For example, I make 3 different lunches, each of which has similar calories and macros. This is constant. On top of this, I have my dinners and post workout meals. Depending on how the scales are moving, I will adjust my dinners or post workout meals accordingly. Eg less or more carbs at dinner. Or maybe more oil or butter with my lunch.

It sounds like you are making large reactionary changes, rather than keeping things very consistent with small adjustments. The same strategy can easily be applied to training as well. People are often too reactionary - eg adding in 4 extra cardio sessions or whatever.