• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Dexa Scan Providers

Bodyscan in Melbourne is now offering packages with options of 2 or 3 successive scans so you can track progress. Usually $90 for one scan, but works out at $60 per scan if you book in for 3. Worth it if you are looking to track progress periodically.

Dr Mark Shaw is fantastic. Really knows his stuff and totally ignores BF% and other ratios. Focusses only on the raw kg results and measures and presents the results in a really useful way.

I just booked in for a DEXA scan tomorrow.

Does anyone think it's worth the extra coin for the consult?

Or just get the scan and work it out yourself with the info supplied?

I just booked in for a DEXA scan tomorrow.

Does anyone think it's worth the extra coin for the consult?

Or just get the scan and work it out yourself with the info supplied?

Not worth tthe extra coin unless you have Bone Density issues. If you are only looking at fat % and muscle mass, it's not worth it.:cool:

Not worth tthe extra coin unless you have Bone Density issues. If you are only looking at fat % and muscle mass, it's not worth it.:cool:

I'd agree and if you suspect low bone density, you need to go and have a proper bone density scan. That targets certain areas (pelvis & lumbar) that determine risk of osteopenia and osteoporosis.

Mind you, BodyScan in Melb actually allows you to claim the consultation on Medicare (not sure if it's 100%) so in that respect, might be worth it for some. Otherwise, all the info you need is contained in the results you get.

Hmmmm

That's it!!!

Gonna book in for a dexa tomorrow... Will try get in for early September... Then its Keto time!!!

Thanks guys, you just saved me some coin. The consult did sound like a bit of a wank.
I have no bone density issues, not with the amount of cow juice I put away.

Booking in was easy. I rang up today and booked a time for tomorrow. Like many, I thought there might be a bit of a wait. I will post the results in my diary tomorrow arvo.

Thanks again, all.