• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Dexa Scan Providers

DKD

Private Dancer
Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced Dexa scan place in Sydney?

I googled it and found some place called Body Composition from memory (couple weeks back). Anyway, I found some recommendation online saying it only cost $60, but when I rang they said they were opening soon.....they gave me a number of another place that did them but they charge $200. They can shove that thx very much.

Might be guys in other states interested in hearing recommendations in their neck of the woods, so maybe others outside Sydney can also post their recommendations.

As far as I am aware, there are no cheap options in Perth, but if anyone else knows anything different, I'm all ears..

there is only one in sydney mate, its on pit street, his nae is jarrod, cost is about $80. Pretty sure his the only one in NSW

any reason you are unhappy with the calipers? the bone density scanner they use is accurate, but it will only be benneficial if your using it to track progress, which means going back a few times. the pitt street one is $89 for the basic scan..thats the cheapest. anyways say you go 3 times?

Body Composition Australia - DEXA scan and body fat percentage measurement

same one you quoted in original post.

His a good bloke aswell. Best scans ever i think, even does your bone denseity.

How much LBM and then a breakdown of how much mucle you hold in each leg, bicep. calf. torso. My mates arm was 2kg more in his right arm.

Intresting stuff to know.

I rang their office in Jamison St in the city as it's closer to my work. They said they weren't open yet and referred me to another place that charged $200. Not sure why they didn't pass on Pitt St branch's details. Anyway, I might check that guy out. Thanks.

any reason you are unhappy with the calipers? the bone density scanner they use is accurate, but it will only be benneficial if your using it to track progress, which means going back a few times. the pitt street one is $89 for the basic scan..thats the cheapest. anyways say you go 3 times?

Haven't tried calipers or the bf scales which I've heard are too unreliable.

I figure a scan will give me an accurate reading and motivation and clearly defined targets to improve on when I do a second scan.

Thanks. I swear I googled this about 3 months ago and there was nothing. Might go in for one in a few weeks before I start my cut.

Ive booked in at 330 at this place.

Say your from PTC Brisbane and you'll get 50% off :cool:

Though wait till at least tomorrow before you book, might look a bit suss otherwise ;).

Though wait till at least tomorrow before you book, might look a bit suss otherwise ;).

Keep us updated on how you go Sticky. Im probaly going to book one in soon there as well.

I get one at the end of each bulk/cut phase.

On my last 8 month bulk I added 7.5kg of LBM. It's a very accurate way of tracking progress.

Thanks mate. Will do :)

Morgan: that was my plan also.

Really? Awesome! Might wait a little while before going for one of them though... Don't think I want to know the results! :eek:

I was there this morning getting my dexa done. Cost was $88 for the initial scan