• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Derek Boyer retires!

Shame on all of you for passing judgment on an individual none of you know.

Happens with all levels of celebrity, from all walks of life, every day all around the world. It's to be expected when people of some stature and profile become a talking point. I don't see what was said as offensive.

I've had the privilege of meeting & competing with Derek Boyer in Powerlifting... and I must say, he is a truely gifted lifter indeed!!!

The fact that he has competed in strongman for many years against some of the strongest built men in the world is a gift in itself in my opinion!!!

To think that he wont be competing in strongman events anymore is a shame, but unfortunately things do come to an end at some point or another!!!

I truely wish this man well in wherever the rest of his journey thru life takes him from now on in... and I hope to see him at more Powerlifting events as well!!!

All the Best to you Derek...

And i'm with Markos on this one... Shame on you people disgracing a man of his stature & natural talent!!! how would you know if he has taken anything? it doesn't matter... i'm inclined to believe anything that comes out of this mans mouth!!! unless you have the balls to go upto his face and make such an accusation like that... why don't u try shutting ur mouth and minding ur own business!!! its 1 thing to say shit behind an mans back... its quite another saying it in front of him as well... keep that one in mind!!! LOW ACT

Last edited:
Happens with all levels of celebrity, from all walks of life, every day all around the world. It's to be expected when people of some stature and profile become a talking point. I don't see what was said as offensive.

I see, so that makes it right.

Rape & murder happens every day all round the world, should I just put up with that as well?

Here's a good rule to live by.

Don't say anything about anyone you wouldnt say to their face. Live by this rule and life will be good.

I've said enough on this, I'm out.

Legal attorney, stop back pedalling, what you said was disgraceful, I hope you get a chance to simply repeat what you wrote to his face.

Maybe Frank Manning can arrange it and film it.

ah well, maybe i just dont get it. i thought there was nothing wrong in putting an opinion up to see if people agree. If its that disgraceful, i take it back. but wouldnt that mean arnold scwarzneggers rise to glory was disgraceful? Maybe i came across as arrogant, but i guess thats one of the attributes you get when you work with arrogant people all the time. i didnt mean to have a go at him, nor tarnish his reputation. im waiting for the day steroids are made legal, and doctors and health experts realise the amount of value they hold when taking properly. just like a more bettter form of whey. I wouldnt have any problem asking him if he has been drug free all his life, considering the amount of accolades he has!

Last edited:
I've had the privilege of meeting & competing with Derek Boyer in Powerlifting... and I must say, he is a truely gifted lifter indeed!!!

The fact that he has competed in strongman for many years against some of the strongest built men in the world is a gift in itself in my opinion!!!

To think that he wont be competing in strongman events anymore is a shame, but unfortunately things do come to an end at some point or another!!!

I truely wish this man well in wherever the rest of his journey thru life takes him from now on in... and I hope to see him at more Powerlifting events as well!!!

All the Best to you Derek...

And i'm with Markos on this one... Shame on you people disgracing a man of his stature & natural talent!!! how would you know if he has taken anything? it doesn't matter... i'm inclined to believe anything that comes out of this mans mouth!!! unless you have the balls to go upto his face and make such an accusation like that... why don't u try shutting ur mouth and minding ur own business!!! its 1 thing to say shit behind an mans back... its quite another saying it in front of him as well... keep that one in mind!!! LOW ACT

if ur idol say arnold scwarzenegger, raped murdered and killed 1000 babies, would u consider him ur idol? no of course not

if arnold achieved what he achieved without the gear, you would be more inspired to have him as ur idol correct? if he did jump on gear, you would go, well, i can only get that big if i do what he did.

To me its about education.

Rape and murder is a physical act in which society deplores very much.

Conversating about how someone got to where they are and methods they used imo is a different thing altogether. Maybe it came at the wrong time and sounded arrogant. It was not intended to.

Us mere mortals don't watch celebs in a lobotomized zombie-like state, we watch them and form opinions on them. Forums are about expressing opinions. The op brought up this celeb's name and legalattorney expressed an opinion.

If he said he thought the guy raped and murdered someone maybe I could understand the reaction, but he didn't. I didn't think he was over the top. You know the guy so it's understandable you're pissed off.

Nice work here

ah k, i can see how i came across as accusing and arrogant....

i take that part about the analogy back. didnt intend to draw a similarity between him and nfl players, but obviously thats how it came out. i still stand by reasoning to want to know more about him being an athlete.

gear or not DB has heart and is strong,gear wont get you far without heart.everyone take a pill...no pun intended.

Legal attorney, stop back pedalling, what you said was disgraceful, I hope you get a chance to simply repeat what you wrote to his face.

Maybe Frank Manning can arrange it and film it.
derek will still be active in powerlifting with capo if you want to talk to derek just come to our qld comps i am sure he would answer any of your questions he realy is mr nice guy