• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Demoralised and looking for advice

Olympic lifters dont have a negative portion of a rep.

Also, many are on drugs, are genetic freaks, dont have to pack shelves for a living and have an endless supply of beans to feed off.

I hear excuses... Instead of posting you could be working out :p

Your joking right Oli?

Dont train the squat, drug users lol

Because PL dont take drugs lol

Take the blinkers off Oli, if OL didnt ban the press, there would be no PL

Your dislike of OL is very odd, where does that stem from?

Last edited:
dont-worry-sir-im-from-internet.jpg

BAHAHAHA

"
impressive weight, terrible form... Don't get me wrong, I can hardly squat 90 kgs. However, you are going to injure yourself sooner or later with that form if it hasn't already happened...
Zakksback17 3 weeks ago "
Oh god you cant escape it...

Last edited:
Your joking right Oli?

Dont train the squat, drug users lol

Because PL dont take drugs lol

Take the blinkers off Oli, if OL didnt ban the press, there would be no PL

Your dislike of OL is very odd, where does that stem from?

I dont know, they're always so serious business in their spandex suits...

I never really started powerlifting because I was interested in a sport - i was just over being skinny and unco and wanted to do something about it. I figured if I chased after the squat, bench and deadlift i wasnt going to be small you know?

I sympathize a lot more with powerlifters. You can go into any gym in the world and find a squat rack, olympic barbell set and bench press and figure it out yourself.

btw - by 'not train the squat' I mean they dont compete in it nor train specifically for their squat, bench and deadlift.

They're strong, stronger than me, but there's not 480kg squats like the russians have just started pulling off.

Oh, no question OL is elitist and cant be practiced in commercial gyms, while PL is available to anyone.

But OL leave powerlifters for dead for pure strength and athleticism. I am generalizing, as there are some freakish PL at the top level, but every OL at the top level is freakish.

PL have all that equipment to blame.

YouTube - Malanichev squat 480 Titans cup 2010 - malanichev, single ply. (a little high, still ****ing epic).

I'd argue that top powerlifters are on par with olympic lifters - something else to note for the general lot of professional powerlifters is that they're not professional - a lot of them like KK work dayjobs. From my understanding of elite OL teams they wank, lift, and wait until the next time they can wank and lift again.

Last edited:
You are correct markos, ive never had anything to do with ol. But i was talking in ageneral term,and comenting on olivers post, and from my understanding hes just one of us regular guys trying to get big.
Maybe what i should ahve said boss was when I squat hard and heavy I cant the next day,

my bad

Most cant when they start out.

The body is an amazing piece of equipment. It will adapt, in the right conditions.

The tight tan slacks of Deszo Ban is a brilliant site.

Deszo Ban would overhead press every single session, 6 days a week.

Big Jim Williams benched 6 days a week, he was the first man to BP 700lbs.

Our heads are filled with things we cant do, society is infinitely weaker today than back then.

No internet for Jim, no one told him he couldnt bench every day, so he did, till he benched 700lbs in a T Shirt.

Once I realize I have a lifter who's head is in the right place, I wont tell him what he cant do, only what he can. This technique has worked best with big Nick.

You guys might think he is a big cocky guy because of his lifts, trust me he's not. He has no idea how strong he's going to get. He's deadlifted 600lbs without a belt inside 2 years training the lift.

Nick will total 700kg raw very shortly, and he wont be overweight when he does it. If he's still lifting when he's 30, lookout.

markos if there was no limit why not train PPP 6 times a week?

Why does wendler, kroc, and pretty much every russian lifter not max out everyday? is it because they are weak?

Last edited:
You guys might think he is a big cocky guy because of his lifts, trust me he's not. He has no idea how strong he's going to get. He's deadlifted 600lbs without a belt inside 2 years training the lift.

Nick will total 700kg raw very shortly, and he wont be overweight when he does it. If he's still lifting when he's 30, lookout.

When I hear Nick I immediately think Anatoly Pisarenko; that's how highly I think of our Nick, Markos!

God Bless you both.

Fadi.

Because not one of you f u c k s would eat correctly, or enough, sleep 8 hours EVERY night, nap in the afternoon, get massages and take enough steroids.

THATS what elite athletes do.

So they can use insane levels of volume because they take that stuff? ty.

Arnold trained x6 a week x2 a day, he was the best. I wouldnt recommend that for anyone else though, especially if they dont have kyles magic beans.

SenzuBeans.jpg

Volume can be a wonderful thing Oli

GVT (german volume training) is intense. I have used it, as have some PTC lifters.

The guy that beat Nick at my last comp, he did it in the early days. He totalled 901kg @ 93kg at AD10.

German volume training is not as high volume as two widowmaker squats everyday like kyle proposed, nor is it a beginners program.

Last edited:
I think my lifts are lame to tell you the truth, I wouldnt think anything of them unless I could squat over 250kg, but they seem to hold up to markos' beginner standards and your beginner standards, and I'm one person.
I think your lifts are excellent, sure as sht better than anything I ever did, or have coached anyone to do (so far!) But you spoke of stalling because of volume. I don't think it was necessarily the volume that did it, people far physically weaker than you in every way are able to handle higher volume.

Oliver04 said:
None of the olympic lifters train the squat. If they did their training style would probably resemble that of most powerlifters.
Really?

Oliver, an important part of knowledge is knowing the limits of it. I've never done a snatch or clean and jerk in my life. I wouldn't pretend to know about Olympic lifters and how they train - enough to discuss it casually like here, but not enough to advise anyone, that's for sure. So either I say, "I don't know," or I say, "I didn't know, so I looked it up."

Your statement seemed a bit odd. I'd heard similar statements a few years back from others, they seemed odd to me then, too. I mean, there are squatting-type movements involved in the two lifts, surely they'd train the individual movements separately and then put them together for the actual lift? Seems like a reasonable approach. But I didn't know for sure, I looked it up.

Bulgarians, 1986. They began every day with back squatting.

Oliver04 said:
btw - by 'not train the squat' I mean they dont compete in it nor train specifically for their squat, bench and deadlift.
24 years later at Phoenix in Oakleigh, they have compiled a list of their lifts.

Amongst those, the back squat. They get numbers like 165, 200, 145 with a groin injury, 200, 230, 150, 300 (from 1975-78), 260, 300, 280, 160, 240, 212.5...

If people are squatting a quarter-tonne without training specifically for the squat, well I would like to not train specifically for the squat, too.
Oliver04 said:
two widowmaker squats everyday like kyle proposed
Where did I propose that? Where in this thread have I offered a specific programme other than "do legs, pull, push every session, start where you want, just do more every session"?

If your reading comprehension is this poor all the time I worry for your performance at uni.