• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Give me powerlifting over body building or crossfit anyday. I was probably lucky to leave crossfit relatively unscathed...
Going from crossfit to PL was hard dje to the amount of habits i had to break to get form right.

However kipping pull ups are used in crossfit, just like deads and clean & press. A kipping pull up as discussed in a previous post, is good for cardio response and not much more.

Majority of american military bases use those methods. As do NFL teams.

This is offtopic though since it has nothing to do with kipping pullups. Im not certain people get that distinction.

Give me powerlifting over body building or crossfit anyday. I was probably lucky to leave crossfit relatively unscathed...
Going from crossfit to PL was hard dje to the amount of habits i had to break to get form right.

So true you had to say it twice!

Majority of american military bases use those methods. As do NFL teams.

This is offtopic though since it has nothing to do with kipping pullups. Im not certain people get that distinction.

Do they?

I'm hearing a lot about the military and sporting teams pulling away from CF methods due to the injury risks and lack of strength development.

If you had poor form habits, isnt that a result of poor coaching? Irrelevant to crossfit, powerlifting, commonwealth games :p

As with any sport skill is a very important factor.

Most dont understand the difference between exercise for health and fitness and the conditioning and skill required to excell in the chosen sport.

AFL can be pretty good at retarded training techniques so it would be no surprise some clubs would go with crossfit type training.

If you had poor form habits, isnt that a result of poor coaching? Irrelevant to crossfit, powerlifting, commonwealth games :p

I think it has more to do with the performing technical lifts for high reps under time. Anybody's form will fall apart after a while.

Pretty sure this forum is called AUSBB.
Not AUSXFIT.

Note the BB stands for Body Building,
think of that term Body building things or topics related to building bodies,
so there for Cross fit/ kipping gayness doesn't, shouldn't need to be debated in here!
tumblr_lld9v03tkw1qjf2r4o1_400.gif

wow, I think I retract my statement and return to the rock to which I came from.

and for the record isn't PL a form of body building.
your body mustn't grow if you can do PL and not build a better body?

wow, I think I retract my statement and return to the rock to which I came from.

and for the record isn't PL a form of body building.
your body mustn't grow if you can do PL and not build a better body?

Every topic is open to discussion, no matter how unpopular.

And if by your definition PL is BBing then so it CF. You're building your body for different purposes.

Last edited:
Pretty sure this forum is called AUSBB.
Not AUSXFIT.

Note the BB stands for Body Building,
think of that term Body building things or topics related to building bodies,
so there for Cross fit/ kipping gayness doesn't, shouldn't need to be debated in here!

It's in the general fitness section not in the bodybuilding/powerlifting sections