• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

crockett's offseason traiining

crockett

im 16 weigh 100kg and getting ready for footy season , this is my weights program is it annyygood?

squats
70kg- 3x8
bench press
70kg- 3x8
dead lifts
60kg- 3x8
military press
40kg-3x8
lat pulldown
40kg- 3x8
weighted crunches
3x15

and heaps of cardio

Looks good, one suggestion I would recommend is swap the lat pulldown with barbell bent row. If you did that you are basically doing the PTC beginners program which everyone here recommends.

What type of cardio do you do? Burpees or tabata thrusters are very good forms of high intensity interval training/cardio

Sprints (20,30,40), burpees, barbell complexes, hard stuff no jogging. Silverback put up a nice method in a football conditioning thread (repetitive upper body work then sprinting repeat non stop for up to 20 minutes. PTC has put up some really nice barbell complexes to do.

What you need to do is think about what you do during a game and replicate that (a bit harder and a bit longer helps). You sprint short distances in a game, move back to position and do it all again. You don't jog in a game so make sure you don't do any of that. You do drag guys with you so sled dragging is a good option. You do push yourself off the ground as adding that is an option.

They are just some ideas for you.

Cut the crunches as I said in your other thread they are useless for you.

help-button.jpg

Hit button for the answer