• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Good to see Mitchell Johnson knows how to peak at the right time.

He gets a century and 5-for in the Shield match recently, and then gets a duck and 0-170 in this match.

Love your work Mitch!

100% agree with you shrek! I also hate hilditch as a selector. Bring Merv back :D

edit: LOL DKD, johnsons bowling performance varies lol its never consistent. Just watch, when he comes back, he will be bowling deadly inswingers, ripping through a team. Look at what happened in South Africa for example haha

Last edited:
I also think Mitch needs a rest from test cricket, that's not to say he is done for good but he really needs a break, bring in Bollinger for Johnson for the Adelaide test on Friday.
Saying that Hilfenhouse* was abysmal aswell, maybe Ryan harris may get a look in too.

I wanna see Doug The Rug tearing into the Poms, getting wickets, and kissing the VB logo on his shirt in unrestrained ecstasy and triumph!

That guy is all class......I love him, I wanna boof him, get him up here!!!

Any of you guys play for a club or frequently for fun?

I wanna play again so bad, but can't atm which sucks! Was gonna join a club too. Used to play everyday, can bowl all day long, love it. Hopefully i can play again.

I haven't played for many moons, but used to love playing it. I was a batsman with a pretty good technique, I was hard to get out, but didn't get enough good scores.

My bowling was total shite but I was pretty good at doing bowling impressions in high school. I used to get a lot of laughs doing Michael Holding and Malcolm Marshall impressions.

lol DKD, can you try a murali and post it on here? :D Its by far the hardest action to mimic and to get right out of the hands, well for me. I remember try doing it back in high school as well, flew over the net cage and over the fence lol. Ill just stick to my pace bowling.

Before you armchair selectors start dropping players, maybe you should pick a better curator.

Only 22 wickets fell in 5 days of cricket.

Each team captured only 11 wickets each.

Of those 22 wickets to fall, 5 hit centuries, a double century and a near double century.

That wicket was a disgrace, it was more a road than a wicket

Agreed Markos. Aussie pitches very boring lately. maybe WACA getting a bit of pace/bounce is good.

I still want blood though :p

I see Ryan Harris and Doug (the rug) Bollinger added to the squad.

Is North sucking cock or what, that means he is safe once again? This guy is absolutely blessed by the big man upstairs. Gee it's harder to get out of the team than in it.

lmao shrek...hahhaha...he must have a deep throat me thinks.

I actually wanted him dropped before the first test. He got a ton in his last test but that didn't impress me cos his 3 other innings against the Indians were all under 20.

Earlier in the year he was lucky to make the NZ tour and then scraped another ton just as he was about to get dropped. He's got a ton or none approach and the ton usually saves his bacon. Way too inconsistent.

He must swallow as well.

I'll say he swallows too.

You think back to Phil Hughes who made a great century against England, then failed 3 times but the last failure was 38 (not a bad score I guess for an opener) and was dropped. Why was he dropped? He showed great potential. I just get annoyed with the inconsistancies with the selectors. Assholes.

Marcus, buy a lottery ticket son, you are truly one lucky SOB.

I'll tell you exactly why Hughes was dropped, I remember it well.

Mitchell Johnson was bowling so poorly in the first couple of tests in the 09 Ashes series, but they desperately wanted to keep him in the side. He just had an unbelievable tour of Sth Sfrica where he got a century, and a 96 and a heap of wickets, so he was just starting to emerge as a superstar allrounder, but then went pear-shaped in England.

Hughes also had an awesome series in SA and had some mediocre scores (not shockingly low though) and got out same way a few times, in the gully.

They were worried that if Johnson had another shocker their bowling attack for the 3rd test would be thread-bare, so Hughes form-slump (all 2 tests of it) came along at a convenient time for the selectors and they brought Watson in, as much for his bowling as his batting. Watson can thank Johnson's woes for his spot in the team.

Hughes will be back though, he seems too good to miss out for long.

Yeah you may be right.

North was picked for his all-round abilities, but does not bowl enough to be considered an all-rounder. Watson is.

Phil Hughes was found out at the top level, just like Mathew Elliot was. Brad Hodge was no different, he had flaws against the best.

Everyone talks about his 200, he was dropped on naught in the slips.

I'm not a fan of Norths, but I cant see who can replace him, no batsmen is making runs.

I'm a Hughes fan, but his strength is his weakness, and the best bowlers know that. He needs to correct it.

If Clarke misses, North stays, he is indeed blessed. I like Ferguson, he has a sound technique, but is not making runs.

Aussie cricket's boring me at them moment. we really need a decent spinner, it blows my mind how we don't have one.

I'm looking forward to seeing some more 20/20. Ferguson is the only batsman I've seen that can hit fours of yorkers. Also does Michael Clarke still captain 20/20? If he does that is a joke, he's a good player but 20/20 is not his game.