• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I had a bet that Sachin would outscore Punter by more than 35. I was literally willing / paying for us to win.

WTF South Africa? Choked again? Gone down to the Kiwis. Lets hope the Sri Lankans beat the poms and restore sense to the world.

New Zealand v South Africa, 3rd quarter-final, World Cup 2011, Mirpur

Oram leads New Zealand to stunning upset

March 25, 2011

New Zealand 221 for 8 (Ryder 83, Taylor 43, Morkel 3-46) beat South Africa 172 (Oram 4-39) by 49 runs

All is right with the world again. What a sham it would have been if the poms progressed. Sri Lanka look like the side to beat.

Sri Lanka v England, World Cup 2011, quarter-final, Colombo

Tharanga and Dilshan crush England

March 26, 2011

Sri Lanka 231 for 0 (Dilshan 108*, Tharanga 102*) beat England 229 for 6 (Trott 86, Morgan 50) by ten wickets

That was a real hiding.

So the only real surprise out of the last 4 is NZ.

I hope they win.

I can't concur with you there Shrekola. Teams I hate (in order) are:

Seth Effreeka
India
England
In Zud

The rest I don't really care about (although not too keen on those match fixing, ball chewing Pakistanis either tbh).

I'll probably be going for Sri Lanka from this point. They're looking ok against In Zud ATM.

Ponting steps down as skipper.... Hmmm.... not really a surprise I guess. The thing that concerns me is I don't think Clarke has shown great captaincy credentials so far. I haven't seen anything from him as a skipper which makes me think he's gonna be a huge improvement on Ponting.

Ahhhh Shahid, those balls must taste nice.

shahid-afridi-bites-ball.png

r506060_2702692.jpg

I should clarify my earlier comment. I think Clarke has shown himself to be a capable leader to date. Ponting also showed himself capable at times, he had plenty of good series wins and won a couple of World Cups.

He also had some poor moments I thought tactically. The worst was a couple of years back in India. From memory it was that series where Krezja made a great debut. The final test was a must win for them. They had India on the ropes, 6 down just before tea, then he bowls Krezja and a part time spinner for around 1.5 hours without getting a wicket. He said in the press conference he was concerned about the over rate and getting suspended for the first test of the Aussie summer. Yeah great work Punter, you blew that series in India mate. That session of cricket was the most infuriating I've seen in over 30 years of following the game. Just basic, dumb captaincy. Bit selfish too, which to be fair to Ponting, was not part of his normal game.

The point I was getting at about Clarkes captaincy is that I don't see him as a great leap forward. He doesn't strike me as a significantly better captain than Ponting. Time will tell though. I hope he proves me wrong and the Aussies start dominating again.

I used to like Clarke. First time I saw him play on the tele (Australia A game I think) he banged 3 fours off his first 3 balls. I thought this kid is going places. That young brash kid is well gone now. A few too many manicures and cosmetic products later he has all the flair of a wet cardboard box. But in fairness, modern sport in general is heading in that direction. Maybe he is the perfect candidate for the modern Australian team. I say bring back beer swilling Boony, philandering Warnie and Swervin Mervin.

Clarke was going to be an exceptional batsmen with flair and resilience when required.
Where did it go wrong?

He is now a good batsmen at best. For me he fails too often and doesn't make runs when the team is in dire straits like the great batsmen Waugh, Border and Punter did.

Clarke was going to be an exceptional batsmen with flair and resilience when required.
Where did it go wrong?

He is now a good batsmen at best. For me he fails too often and doesn't make runs when the team is in dire straits like the great batsmen Waugh, Border and Punter did.
Great call. Yeah, he is good for an average boosting 80 not out when the game is lost/won already. but where are the captains knocks??

I'm a bit underwhelmed with the choice of Watson as vice-captain. To me it shows a lack of leadership options available. Haddin was the only other real option but he's no spring chicken (32-33yo?).

Watson's been a great player in the last couple of years, but when I think of his temperament as a leader I think back to that childish war dance / stomp he did a while back when he got a wicket. He was right in the batsman's face stomping like a 5yo. This is the bloke that's gonna be part of the leadership group going forward?

To me the lack of choices ain't a good sign for future results. When Aus was at it's peak you had 4-5 guys who could have done a good job as skipper (Waugh, Healy, Taylor, Warne, Ponting, Gilchrist).

Yeah Lehmann is a good call. He was a pretty cluey cricketer. I would have liked to see him play a lot more tests.

Me too, but for some reason he was out of favour with Trevor Hohns. Fuck I hated Trevor Hohns, he had a dismal test record. Andrew Hilditch is heading down the same path.