• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Creatine

Ok Shrek, I do belive you and I'll start light, its just..... well it just seems wrong. Know what I mean?
And thanks again for the help.:D
Mike

hey,
naturally you can build a pretty healthy and fit body without the use of creatine, if you havent got any gains in the last month, id really look at your basics before you hit the creatine and look for where you could of gone wrong?
e.g
diet = what are you eating, are u eating 4-6 meals, ( considerate portions for your goal? )
Exercise - do u lift like hulk hogan or like a bitch? intensity is the main thing
Sleep?= how many a hours do u sleep
do u take ur vitamin also! .
have u been training for more den 6 months?

hehe all the questions but one day if i stop growing id like to know how to get out of it.
take care

Creatine doesn't seem to work for me.
Ive tried different kinds about 5 times over the past 10 years and never got any response at all.
I've read that some people just don't respond to it.

hey,
naturally you can build a pretty healthy and fit body without the use of creatine, if you havent got any gains in the last month, id really look at your basics before you hit the creatine and look for where you could of gone wrong?
e.g
diet = what are you eating, are u eating 4-6 meals, ( considerate portions for your goal? )
Exercise - do u lift like hulk hogan or like a bitch? intensity is the main thing
Sleep?= how many a hours do u sleep
do u take ur vitamin also! .
have u been training for more den 6 months?

hehe all the questions but one day if i stop growing id like to know how to get out of it.
take care

Had fairly light gains the monthe before too. So I did the basics, checked everything and worked hard.
Which is why I'm changing routine and adding creatine.
Some Creatine is produced by the body, and some from eating fresh meat.
I'm a vege so no fresh meat.

If it aint working you gotta change!

Creatine doesn't seem to work for me.
Ive tried different kinds about 5 times over the past 10 years and never got any response at all.
I've read that some people just don't respond to it.
I do not respond well to creatine either.

No, because it works well with most people and it's relatively inexpensive. You can get 1kg for 30 bux.

Last edited:
There is about 12% of the population (i think that was the most common stat I read) that does not respond to creatine.

Now I can't remember for sure, but I think it was more due to the type and delivery process, their bodies didn't process it as well. Which is a driving factor for more creatine types on the market.

I'll have to look into it again as I don't save the articles on my harddrive.

For some reason I think it may have been similar to the whole alcohol/enzyme situation. But replace alcohol with creatine.

I have been reading about creatine and it seems that it would most benifit vegetarians as most natural creatine or the compounds that are used to crate creatine are in meat.

NOTE: alcohol makes me stronger it seems. When ever i am hungover or after a heavy night drinking i can always work out really effectively. When i was young I remeber going to the pool hungover and i swam for 3 or 4 times as long as normal at a speed faster than i normally went at! Also Lately i have workedout hung over and i have been able to activate the right muscles and has helped alot! I really have no idea why it gives me power but booze is like my magic pill.

Last edited:
I do not respond well to creatine either.

Shrek I have also found no gain from using creatine, however in saying that I was advised to mix with orange juice. I noticed in one of your earlier post's in this thread you said not to mix with citrus juice, could that have been a reason why it may not have had the desired affect?

*bump*

Was going to start a new thread but thought I better do my homework with the search engine first.

About to start adding micronised creatine monhoydrate to the diet again. I got good gains from using it a few years back but stopped when I failed a liver function test when applying for life insurance.

So, question for the medically minded, is the Creatine likely to be the main contributor to poor liver function and should I keep it out of the diet? I was double to triple the target levels on those three letter acronym measures they do for liver function. I used to drink a lot in my army days but don't do so much anymore...

So, if the consensus is Creatine is not the culprit then its back in.

Thanks guys.

Cheers,
Mike

Creatine + liver = fine. Alcohol + liver = screwed

:D

Creatines effects on kidneys has been the main research, no negative finds so far that I know of.
Posted via Mobile Device

We did alot of liver reserach today...

My god if that wasnt enough to make sure i never touch alcohol again then i dont know what is!

Just what a vital job it does at everything, stores vitmains minerals,amino acids, glucagon metabolises toxins, drugs hormones its so important god decided it should be made so it regenerates... Alot of stuff alcohol is just ****ing retarded. after all we know about health im supprised smoking and alcohol arnt banned altogether.. unless they want us sick.

It's all politics and a politition who banned alcohol would be out of a job. I heard once if everyone lived healthy and obesity was rare private health cover would be allot more affordable. Yet our government recomends 12 servings of carbs a day?
Posted via Mobile Device

It's all politics and a politition who banned alcohol would be out of a job. I heard once if everyone lived healthy and obesity was rare private health cover would be allot more affordable. Yet our government recomends 12 servings of carbs a day?
Posted via Mobile Device

That wouldnt be a problem if we were VERY active people like we should be. However they know that isnt the case. Veges and Fruits should be at the top of the list not bread and pasta...

/end hyjack