• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CREATINE - Magic or Myth

Let me google that for you

^^^ Great article.

Being totally serious im not 100% sure as i cant use it so i don't want to give you the wrong information about saturation etc so ill let someone a bit more switched on let you know if there feeling generous enough to spoon feed.

Come on guys, don't be assholes.

Sari, repost this thread in the steroids section and you should get some better replies.

Reactions: Azz
Come on guys, don't be assholes.

Sari, repost this thread in the steroids section and you should get some better replies.

whoa.gif

Creatine is found predominantly in skeletal muscle (~90%+). It helps produce ATP. ATP is what cells use energy production.

Oh yeah it is a steroid...................

I'd take the general consensus of BB.COM with a grain of salt or dextrose :D

Creatine causes INTRAMUSCULAR water retention, not the bloat that is generally associated with creatine supplementation.

This is generally what happens, creatine is used by bro's on their 'bulking' phases. But what happens on their bulking phase is their carbohydrate intake goes up, overall calorie intake goes up, sodium intake increase (unknowingly) and then they are carrying all this 'extra water' or are 'bloated'. What gets the blame, good old creatine.

Also, there are a lot of 'creatine' products that contain some form of carbohydrate and a large amount of it, think Cell-Tech. Now last time I looked at the back of Cell-Tech, 70%+ of the contents where dextrose! You want water retention, Oh I mean you want to gain 7lbs in 7 days you got it :D

Yes there are non responders at that is about 20% of people. Why? Well it is not completely known but it would have to be something to do with the mechanisms involved in uptake and/or ATP cycle IMO.

Amount of benefit? well that is hard to pin point as there are many other intangibles and variables that effect training performance/ability/muscular hypertrophy. You may get an extra ~5% out of your training over time if you are doing EVERYTHING else right.

Here is some reading for your leisure :D -

Effects of creatine supplementation and ... [J Strength Cond Res. 2003] - PubMed - NCBI

Effects of creatine on isometric bench-... [Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2002] - PubMed - NCBI

Effects of creatine supplementation and ... [J Strength Cond Res. 2007] - PubMed - NCBI

So these studies seem to indicate that there could be a benefit during a cut also for retention of LBM. Would you agree?

Mixing Creatine with what?

because i cant get juice all the time and i can really just use water, will using water just be a waste of creatine??:confused:

Water. You shouldn't be using acidic juice anyway.

FYI, creatine is a supplement not steroid.

I mix mine into my morning green tea. It needs warmer water to fully dissolve anyway, so I find if I let the tea brew for 10-20 mins, I get a good strong cup and the creatine is all dissolved.

BTW Max - I used 20 gms of creatine this morning, as directed by you in our other thread, this way and I got a cup of crusted salts!! (not your fault). I should have taken 5gms x 4 instead of trying to fit it all in one cup! :D

I mix mine into my morning green tea. It needs warmer water to fully dissolve anyway, so I find if I let the tea brew for 10-20 mins, I get a good strong cup and the creatine is all dissolved.

BTW Max - I used 20 gms of creatine this morning, as directed by you in our other thread, this way and I got a cup of crusted salts!! (not your fault). I should have taken 5gms x 4 instead of trying to fit it all in one cup! :D
Liquid to powder ratio slightly off ehh? :D

Damn how did that go down? :D