• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Creatine Alternatives?

Not enough apparently lol, but was consuming a lot must of been around 2 liters a day. But was renovating a house so working pretty hard too... Not a good (or fun) combination..

I had 2lt and wasn't hydrated enough, 3lt had me on the toilet every hour.... go figure!

Since I started this thread I've just split my dosage in two, one in the morning, one at night. Solved all the problems I was having before!

Drinking 4lt+ a day.

I have a theory (which is unfounded) that the reason why other forms of Creatine do not produce side effects are due to lack of absorption rather than anything else.

If Creatine Monohydrates side effects are consistent with its action - creatine being absorbed, action in muscle cells, effect on atp and so on, then there isn't a lot you can do, apart from having a lower dose.

1.5g twice a day will total 3g and after a certain period of time you will reach saturation with this dose. I would advise that for anyone who has any issues with side effects.

Also, regarding Creapure, There are still so many myths surrounding this.Creapure is simply a branded form of Creatine Monohydrate.
Years ago, when standards of Creatine Monohydrates were lower there may have been some benefit in taking this.

Nowadays, that 100% pharamaceutical grade Creatine Monohydrate such as what we sell, at Bulk Nutrients for $19 a kg is so affordable CREATINE MONOHYDRATE - 250G, and the purity so high (it is made to the highest U.K and U.S pharma standards), I just see no reason whatsoever why you would pay twice as much ore more for Creapure.

The only evidence I have seen for its use was a very general article (which is now 8 years old) which compares it to what must have ben the lowest grade Creatine Monohydrate available at the time.