• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Creatine Alternatives?

Steve

Ok so I took a long break over Christmas and I'm getting back into the swing of things. First couple of weeks I slowly introduced the weights back in and last week I decided to start the supplements.

Quantities are rough but I'm taking (per day):
BCAA's 10g
Fish oil 10g
Creatine mono 20g (load phase) ("Bulk Nutrition Pure Micronised Creatine Monohydrate")

I end up feeling sick, like an uneasy stomach. Not vomitting but feels horrible. Also slight headaches. I'm pretty sure it's the creatine as I had a similar problem when I changed to this creatine late last year. Is there another form of creatine that works just as well but is easier to digest? I'm pretty sure this stuff helps me in the gym so I wan't to use it but can't. Smaller dosage's don't help either. I've also tried drinking it with fruit or grape juice, no luck.

Just don't take so much at one time, try to split it up

After the first 10 days start taking 5g a day, no need for such high doses anymore as the muscles have reached 'saturation' so too speak

I usually do that anyway. I take a fair amount for the first week and then only 5g each day thereafter. I might try again and see if it gets better after week 2 but so far dosage amount doesn't change a thing. It's alot better at low dosage but still doesn't sit well.

I used to take it in capsule form and it was perfect but realised that was very expensive way of doing it lol.

Read the creatine thread of this forum, no need for loading, just take 5 gram a day from the beginning, loading makes no difference as the end result is exactly the same.

Just take two lots of 2.5-3 grams per day, should not make you feel sick, but 20 grams is a LOT of creating to be taking at once. May be 3 grams AM and 3 grams post workout or PM, just when ever really as timing makes no difference either as long as you take it.

Read the creatine thread of this forum, no need for loading, just take 5 gram a day from the beginning, loading makes no difference as the end result is exactly the same.

Just take two lots of 2.5-3 grams per day, should not make you feel sick, but 20 grams is a LOT of creating to be taking at once. May be 3 grams AM and 3 grams post workout or PM, just when ever really as timing makes no difference either as long as you take it.

I might have to re-read it I think! I thought I read in there that you needed to load but didn't need to cycle it like most do..

Also didn't consider splitting the dosages. I split everything else but for some reason thought I needed to take creatine in one go. Will try again. Thanks Mick.

Creatine loading vs other methods:
hZPAx.png

It just depends on how fast you want to get full saturation. But loading is not needed (even though I suggested it). Just take your 5g per day and over time the saturation will be the same etc.

I started creatine yesterday, I wont am not loading due to the reasons in the graph above, and the side effects I have read.
I am taking about 6g a day, more on workout days.

Remembering that your preworkout will have creatine in it also...

Also what side effects are you refering too????

Make sure you're using a decent grade of mono, creapure or the like. And yeah split it into smaller doses. I have trouble having even 5g in one dose, not the symptoms you describe but doses > 5gm give me the runs. So I use 2gm two or 3 times daily and it works well.

I started creatine yesterday, I wont am not loading due to the reasons in the graph above, and the side effects I have read.
I am taking about 6g a day, more on workout days.

The graph states that loading 20g/day for 6 days then cutting back the dosage to 2g/day for 28 days is the best way to dose creatine as the levels rise and then stay at that level for the duration of the cycle.... unless im reading it wrong? :confused:

2g/day doesn't sound like much though, I just started my loading phase this morning @ 16.5g and will continue for 6 days then jump down to 5 - 10g/day. Undecided as to whether I'm going to cycle month on/month off or just continue on until I run out :p

The graph states that loading 20g/day for 6 days then cutting back the dosage to 2g/day for 28 days is the best way to dose creatine as the levels rise and then stay at that level for the duration of the cycle.... unless im reading it wrong? :confused:

2g/day doesn't sound like much though, I just started my loading phase this morning @ 16.5g and will continue for 6 days then jump down to 5 - 10g/day. Undecided as to whether I'm going to cycle month on/month off or just continue on until I run out :p
I see the graph as after 28days whether you load or take a steady dose, you end up roughly the same after 28days...

I felt the same during my loading phase, I don't think I took as much as you though. After I cut back down to the recommended dosage everything was fine though. I was surprised what difference it made after a few months of use

I never loaded but started seeing changes within 4 days on 6g a day, like nice muscle pumps post workout. Never drank enough water to start with and was feeling wrecked by the 6th day.
Sam, did you just use creatine mono?

I was taking about 15g when we had a few 43 degree days... on the third day (last day of the heat wave)... well I definitely wasn't taking in enough water... could barely take a morning crap I was that dehydrated...

I was taking about 15g when we had a few 43 degree days... on the third day (last day of the heat wave)... well I definitely wasn't taking in enough water... could barely take a morning crap I was that dehydrated...

How much water did you drink a day to maintain hydration?