• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I mean coconut water probably contains a percentage of water scientifically. But so does blood.

Coconut water without all the preservatives is like $6 or something. The others aren't much better. Where are you buying it?

Bought the last lot at Coles, $2.50 for one litre, bought three boxes. (6 in a box)

Nothing but 100% pure Coconut water:

http://www.purecocobella.com/coconut-water-range/straightup/1000ml/

Regular price is $5 around here still cheaper than tap water from the servo.

I can buy it from the fruit shop down the road from my mum's place at the Gold Coast for around $2.50 per litre if bought by the box.

Still tastes better to crack your own coconuts IMO, again around here they are about $4 each, in civilisation about half that.

I mean coconut water probably contains a percentage of water scientifically. But so does blood.

About 94.99% water.

Last edited:
Bought the last lot at Coles, $2.50 for one litre, bought three boxes. (6 in a box)

Nothing but 100% pure Coconut water:

http://www.purecocobella.com/coconut-water-range/straightup/1000ml/

Regular price is $5 around here still cheaper than tap water from the servo.

I can buy it from the fruit shop down the road from my mum's place at the Gold Coast for around $2.50 per litre if bought by the box.

Still tastes better to crack your own coconuts IMO, again around here they are about $4 each, in civilisation about half that.
Yeah I live in melbourne.

Coconut water is literally the liquid in young coconuts. I wouldn't call it juice personally as you don't have to co through a juicing process.

Isn't coconut milk made from boiling the flesh... Not smooshing it.?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coconut_milk

Traditionally, coconut milk is acquired through the grating of the white inner flesh of a brown coconut, and mixing the resulting substance with a small amount of water to suspend the fat present in the grated meat. The grating process itself can be carried out manually or with a more modern grating machine. Several grades of coconut milk exist: from 'thick' at 20-22% fat to 'thin' at 5-7%. Thick milk is prepared by directly squeezing grated coconut meat through cheesecloth. The squeezed coconut meat is then soaked in water and squeezed further to produce thin coconut milk. Thick milk is mainly used to make desserts, as well as rich and dry sauces. Thin milk is used for soups and general cooking. This distinction is usually not made in Western nations, since fresh coconut milk is rare, and most consumers buy coconut milk in cans.
Coconut water is the watery liquid that usually comes from the young, still immature green coconut, although mature coconuts also have coconut water. The still jelly-like coconut meat is often added to coconut water to make a tropical drink.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coconut_milk

Traditionally, coconut milk is acquired through the grating of the white inner flesh of a brown coconut, and mixing the resulting substance with a small amount of water to suspend the fat present in the grated meat. The grating process itself can be carried out manually or with a more modern grating machine. Several grades of coconut milk exist: from 'thick' at 20-22% fat to 'thin' at 5-7%. Thick milk is prepared by directly squeezing grated coconut meat through cheesecloth. The squeezed coconut meat is then soaked in water and squeezed further to produce thin coconut milk. Thick milk is mainly used to make desserts, as well as rich and dry sauces. Thin milk is used for soups and general cooking. This distinction is usually not made in Western nations, since fresh coconut milk is rare, and most consumers buy coconut milk in cans.
Coconut water is the watery liquid that usually comes from the young, still immature green coconut, although mature coconuts also have coconut water. The still jelly-like coconut meat is often added to coconut water to make a tropical drink.

I know how its made. I sometimes make it.

Yeah I live in melbourne.

I live in North West NSW, about 100km from the middle of no where, but spend time visiting family in the Gold Coast or Port Macquarie.

Moving to Port Macquarie at the end of this year if things go as planned.

I live in North West NSW, about 100km from the middle of no where, but spend time visiting family in the Gold Coast or Port Macquarie.

Moving to Port Macquarie at the end of this year if things go as planned.
My point is everything is expensive here.

It was $2.50 at every Coles in the country (or online).... FYI TCC is on special this week for $2 for 600ml.

You think it's expensive there, try living in Perth!

How much are real coconuts?

We pay around $4.00-4.50 per coconut out here, in the city you pay about half that.

Everything is way more expensive out here.

As mentioned before, you gat about 250-350ml of coconut water out of most, but you also get to eat the coconut, but the real stuff still tastes better IMO in most cases, unless you get a bad one.

It was $2.50 at every Coles in the country (or online).... FYI TCC is on special this week for $2 for 600ml.

You think it's expensive there, try living in Perth!

Exactly right, would have been the same price at every Coles.

The TCC stuff has preservatives etc in them: Acidity regulators added sugar (no idea why you would need it in something as sweet as coconut) etc