• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Chest

0ni

Registered Rustler
My chest is really lacking, it's embarrassing tbh
My shoulders are fine though, they develop really well and are nice and round

I currently do push press as my main ancillary press, do you think I should swap it for incline bench press to get in a bit of extra chest work?

inb4 eat more, everyone should know that by now and it being taken care of but I feel that just getting my bench up and gaining mass won't improve my chest all that much in relation to everything else

I'm thinking of doing 50 reps of chest flies after training sessions as well just to increase capillarization

but I feel that just getting my bench up and gaining mass won't improve my chest all that much in relation to everything else

I don't quite follow this statement? I would expect some heavy bench work to make up for what you lack in the chest department, moreso than (in my opinion) incline press

When you get to 75kg get back to us on what is lacking until then just focus on overall size and growth. Do a set or two of flyes at the end of your session if you want. You can't tell what is significantly lacking at your size as you haven't given anything a chance to fully grow yet.

I don't quite follow this statement? I would expect some heavy bench work to make up for what you lack in the chest department, moreso than (in my opinion) incline press

I already do a fair bit of heavy bench work, so what I was saying is whether I should do a chest exercise as my ancillary press instead of a shoulder exercise

When you get to 75kg get back to us on what is lacking until then just focus on overall size and growth. Do a set or two of flyes at the end of your session if you want. You can't tell what is significantly lacking at your size as you haven't given anything a chance to fully grow yet.

Ok I'll continue as I am and add the flies at the end and see what happens. Not really had a lot of growth in my chest though for a while but my bench is (finally) on the up so I'll see how that goes

This.

Oni you make everything so complicated. At 66kgs and almost 180cm tall just put on some fucking weight and your lifts will go up along with muscle growth. Your body must be screaming out for some food.

Your chest really is under developed. I would forget flys. When I used to do BB routines I got the best chest and tri development from dips. Lot's and lots of dips with all sorts of different grip widths and try doing low rep with some weight around your waist. Made my chest blow up better than all the benching in the world. Excellent carry over to both bench and OHP IMHO.

Oni stick to the basics and be patient mate, you are always wanting to change something. I would like to see you keep putting mass on and keeping it simple, adding this or that won't make you grow quicker and you know that already. Steady progression mate, you are getting some shape on your bones, just keep at it. And EAT FFS! ;)

66kg and 180cm.. interesting.
Then again your into bikes so most of the guys I know are around the 70kg mark. Diffferent strokes different folks

Last edited:
71 inches and 145lbs in oldschool language, or 2:1 ratio. Once had a trainer who told me anything shy of 3:1 was anorexic.

If I wasn't on my phone, I would post a double face palm.

Is this a serious thread Oni, or are you just trying to stir us?

I'm just waiting another 6 months before I dig up my old post where I said something along the lines of...

"INB4 12 months go by and your still 65kg Oni..." 1/2 way there

Whats so hard? Just go to the supermarket, fill trolley, consume and repeat.

66kg and 180cm.. interesting.
Then again your into bikes so most of the guys I know are around the 70kg mark. Diffferent strokes different folks

he said he probably wont go back to cycling.. he said gym is his main focus right now. but he said that 6 months ago at 65kg..

Last edited:
If you read my post I was just asking if incline bench would be a better use of my time than push press

I'm already doing bench, gaining weight, etc, this thread isn't about that, there is no debate to be made there lol

If you read my post I was just asking if incline bench would be a better use of my time than push press

I'm already doing bench, gaining weight, etc, this thread isn't about that, there is no debate to be made there lol

Seriously stick to something for more than a week and a half before you change it. Give it a chance to work.

You are gaining weight?? Since when.

Last edited:

you told me in your log a few days ago your at the same weight?:confused: