• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Chest

I am def gaining weight/muscle
You don't get bigger without gaining weight lol
I'm also leaner
I was 66.5kg this morning dehydrated

Just keep at it, eat train, sleep it will happen eventually, I couldnt see ribs in the pic so its not real bad.

I like volume for chest, 3 times a week, 2 days chest, and 1 day shoulders, will also target similar muscles, i would try..

bench,, sets of 10reps, if you can get 10, add 10kg and go again, when you get to a weight you can only do 5 at, do 5 sets of 5 reps.

incline db presses, alternate with flies every second workout sets of increase weights each set, start at 10 reps and work up to a weight of 5 reps,

dips , lots, aim for 5 sets of 10 @ bw, when you get that add 5kg and go again,

Push press be buggered, do military press or seated db press.
plus what ever else you want, side raises, upright rows, etc

do lots of bent over bb rows, and pullups aswell, on bech day or back day however you can fit them in.

just aim heavy on bench and inclinde benching, incorperate maybe even chest press machine after your too tired to use bb/db's and try dips aswell as flies

I think I'm allergic to high reps but I'll give it a go lol
Also would halving the reps and doubling the sets give the same effect?
Yesterday I averaged 61.25kg for 5 reps over 8 sets on bench press which was a volume PR, then did 4x8x45lb on dumbbell incline bench as suggested by Christian which was a 5lb PR in each hand. Chest is mighty sore this morning lol

work out what works for you, it will take about 12 weeks of being consistant, and sticking to that routine.

Sore, means your muscles are going hmm that was different, might have to adapt, its a good sign you are pushing yourself, or doing something your body isnt used to.

You may need to mix it up, i was doing 20 reppers a few weeks ago, and just now starting to think about lower reps