• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Chest Issues

ah mate its not so hard, its just confusing if you make it that way.... my tip would be SIMPLIFY :) just try out a strength program of 3 days a week *maby only 2 if you want* of full body compound lifts.... then add some conditioning work which will relate to your sport... so possibly some high box jumps, sled pulls or car push (this is mainly to gain explosiveness and speed for your legs) along with anything else which activates the body in ways you intend on using it..

I think the best exercise for thight kicks would be thigh kicks...

If you build strong legs and not bodybuilder built legs they will be smaller and more functional..

So far check list

-Add compound lifts
- Add conditioning work specific to you
- Piss off the bodybuilder program

The only problem i ever had with doing bodybuilding based workouts is kicking issues was being flexible and soreness from heavy weight's

Punching/elbows etc never were a problem.
and i did notice a fair amount of strength after i started doing weights.
back before a couple years ago i didnt do weights at all.

If you are stretching you wont have problems with flexability... And if you are working out correctly and eating neough you will find you only get sore when you dont do one or the other..

If you start a new program yes you get sore, but that goes away if you stick with it. It the end if you miss a days training that muscle gorup that was going to be trained that day actually aches its quite interesting...

Bodybuilding style training does not teach motor control as heavy compound multi joint exercise do, this translates into not having as effective functional strength, which translates into not as good punching and kicking power and overall strength. You were sore as you were not training as often as you should, full body 2-3 times a week for you would be best.