• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I think some don't like powerlifting being mocked, or other non-serious lifting topics.

but, I like site.

I still think Sumo Deadlifting should be out lawed. The whole idea of the three lifts is to test the strength of the whole body. Sumo Deads take a lot of the Back out of play. Secondly, it sets a bad example for young lifters. The body is meant to be built in a balanced way, otherwise injuries are more likely to occur. When you don't have one of the big three lifts incorporating the Back (which happens when you Sumo Deadlift) you aren't building the body in a balanced (healthy) way. One thing I'm thankful for was that I learnt the importance of Back training over 25 years ago.

flamesuit.jpg

Giddy up!

Last edited:
To some purist it's not a squat either, it's a half squat, a full squat is when the hammys, touch the calves, but I digress.

i think the sumo (as with the squat) is a good option for someone who has not the best bodily proportions, to do a conventional deadlift, but look out hips, make sure you have the right shape hip structure.

Last edited:
I have nothing against sumo lifters. Some of the world's biggest pullers are conventional. I find sumo quite difficult.
Each to their own.

This forum like most forums over the years has had a lot of dummy spits, I reckon mainly cause of ego's and misunderstandings.

This forum like most forums over the years has had a lot of dummy spits, I reckon mainly cause of ego's and misunderstandings.
Sad but true.
Everyone was (is) allowed a voice, as soon as that voice was questioned out came the dummy spits and the true character(s) shone through.
Ah well. Life goes on. :)

Sad but true.
Everyone was (is) allowed a voice, as soon as that voice was questioned out came the dummy spits and the true character(s) shone through.
Ah well. Life goes on. :)

Yeah well, a lot of tall poppy syndrome goes on around here. Some of you kunts just can't accept the inherent superiority of folks such as myself, [MENTION=6722]Bazza20[/MENTION]; and [MENTION=8428]Big Mick[/MENTION]; !

Fuck its hard to soar like an Eagle when you're surrounded by Turkeys!

I thought the peanut gallery was the main reason that all the stronk PA guys stopped posting, but I could be wrong.

I'm still undecided on sumo deadlifts; part of me thinks they are 100% legit, another part thinks they are somewhat cheaty (like strongmen using straps)

I thought the peanut gallery was the main reason that all the stronk PA guys stopped posting, but I could be wrong.

I'm still undecided on sumo deadlifts; part of me thinks they are 100% legit, another part thinks they are somewhat cheaty (like strongmen using straps)
What is this "Peanut Gallery" you speak of?

Time to re-ignite old hostilities I say. Time for the NEW generation to step up to the plate and fly the flag in the Powerlifters versus Bodybuilders bloodsport.

Looks like Bozo wants to fly the fag for the Powerlifters. Need some young Bodybuilders to take over the good works of @Darkoz; and at times my good self.

P.S. We are all Bodybuilders, we all build the body, whether that be for hypertrophy or strength, or a combination of the two. Stick that in your Funk n Wagnalls!

Pretty sure Freddie mercury was a Powerlifter! Kunt even wore a Powerlifting suit during performances.

Last edited:
yes, most of us want to look good and be strong, and weights best way to achieve this.

However, look good or be able to perform in some sport, I would take latter any day if I was good enough. Who looks good is merely a subjective exercise.