• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Career Change - what would you become?

Minchia - when u play around a lot and have it all (wealth/looks/charisma) being married is a cock blocker.
This and kids.

But everybody changes. Money cannot buy u happiness as u get older. Of course its great to have no financial qualms.

Some people will have kids for the wrong reasons. Having a child to fill that empty void in your life or an unhappy marriage is just wrong.

Then again u have single mums who are drug addicts having kids to fill that emptiness.

People are lame ans stupid.

Brad - is that a cnc lathe type thing? One of my clients has a cnc machine so thought you might be talking about the same thing. They manufacture superchargers for vehicles by doing the designs in CAD, and uploading them to the machine which cuts the parts out accordingly. I had to network them and setup FTP access etc

Your cnc could stand for something completely different though :p

same sorta deal, there is a place in Brissy that is advertising for a draftsman to draw parts for manufacture for performane parts....

same place you think?

Minchia - when u play around a lot and have it all (wealth/looks/charisma) being married is a cock blocker.
This and kids.

But everybody changes. Money cannot buy u happiness as u get older. Of course its great to have no financial qualms.

Some people will have kids for the wrong reasons. Having a child to fill that empty void in your life or an unhappy marriage is just wrong.

Then again u have single mums who are drug addicts having kids to fill that emptiness.

People are lame ans stupid.

this is true, although I'd bet the drug addicts get pregnant more by accident than design :cool:

a lot of people have kids when they shouldn't and a lot of great potential parents never get the chance. That's just life.
But one should never measure one's life's success by whether or not one is married and/or has kids.
There are many things that make a life great and worth living.
The trick is to find what makes you tick and chase that and be happy in the chasing of it ... not just expecting to be happy when you get there.

I think as you get older you start to appreciate this more.
LOL now I feel old :cool:

Would be precisely what I'm doing right now. I gave up a good income, a good job & complete stability, to run my own business in holistic health & beauty therapy.

I could be ruined financially in a matter of months. You spend a lifetime building a solid foundation & contributing in a material sense to the true total sum of who you are...& I've gambled....everything. lol
I could be homeless soon enough too.
I could have made the biggest mistske of my life.

But godamnit, it feels so good :p

Sometimes, the only thing stopping you, is the fear of losing all you've built. And one night, late last year, I sat on my balcony looking at the stars & just thought 'fuck it, if I lose it all, I can build it again. I've done it before. I'm capable of starting from scratch all over, worst case scenario'

My family think I'm nuts. My friends think its great, but get so nervous for me lol

But you gotta live, on your own terms.

And if it all turns to shit, so be it. I'll own that. It'll be the only thing left mind you, that I will actually own lol

But maybe, just maybe, it will all turn up daisies :)

One thing I do know for sure, is that I feel alive again. Passionate about what I'm doing again & there is an inner calm because it just feels so right. There is a sense of freedom, that I truthfully, have never felt before.

Fingers crossed lol

Would be precisely what I'm doing right now. I gave up a good income, a good job & complete stability, to run my own business in holistic health & beauty therapy.

I could be ruined financially in a matter of months. You spend a lifetime building a solid foundation & contributing in a material sense to the true total sum of who you are...& I've gambled....everything. lol
I could be homeless soon enough too.
I could have made the biggest mistske of my life.

But godamnit, it feels so good :p

Sometimes, the only thing stopping you, is the fear of losing all you've built. And one night, late last year, I sat on my balcony looking at the stars & just thought 'fuck it, if I lose it all, I can build it again. I've done it before. I'm capable of starting from scratch all over, worst case scenario'

My family think I'm nuts. My friends think its great, but get so nervous for me lol

But you gotta live, on your own terms.

And if it all turns to shit, so be it. I'll own that. It'll be the only thing left mind you, that I will actually own lol

But maybe, just maybe, it will all turn up daisies :)

One thing I do know for sure, is that I feel alive again. Passionate about what I'm doing again & there is an inner calm because it just feels so right. There is a sense of freedom, that I truthfully, have never felt before.

Fingers crossed lol

holy crap balls, you did it.

holy crap balls, you did it.

lol yes I did sir :p

Graduated, FINALLY from the epic Remedial Massage & Sports Therapy certification in June of this year & have been building slowly on the dream ever since. Was signed to contract with a sporting club a month or so ago & tentatively....I am breathing a little easier lol for now!

I have manufacturers making my products as we speak & the website is almost done...

The dream is much bigger, but it will take time to grow...this building part is the exciting stuff :)

Terrifying. But exciting lol

same sorta deal, there is a place in Brissy that is advertising for a draftsman to draw parts for manufacture for performane parts....

same place you think?

Nah, this place is in Perth, Kuala Lumpur and Oklahoma... not Brisbane.

Professional sperm donor. Could just fap all day.

Or people that do abortions, could kick druggies in the stomach. Or could do the prevention and kick scum in the head all day, as long as i don't hurt my self..

And it isn't going to get any better while this stupid labour government is in power they have absolutely raped the defence budget and treated it as their personal ATM, I can really see the defence force going to shit over the coming years with the deployments drying up and budgets being cut, unless something drastic happens.....

Spot on mate.

Best bet though would be to try and head straight for officer school...atleast you get better coin, providing you can handle the extra heckling. :p

And it isn't going to get any better while this stupid labour government is in power they have absolutely raped the defence budget and treated it as their personal ATM, I can really see the defence force going to shit over the coming years with the deployments drying up and budgets being cut, unless something drastic happens.....

The governments cutting funding to bloody everything constantly, defence, education and health seem to be the biggest hit though. Makes me wonder how the fuck the country will survive when they just keep cutting funding to everything.

The governments cutting funding to bloody everything constantly, defence, education and health seem to be the biggest hit though. Makes me wonder how the fuck the country will survive when they just keep cutting funding to everything.

Cuz labor is clueless and always has been