• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Carb Source

mrdamo

Any recommendations for another source of carbs apart from basmati rice?

Been having heaps of trouble finishing off my meals of late with the amount of rice i'm having, needing to find something else which is easy to digest.

Cheers

Damo

Been having heaps of trouble finishing off my meals of late with the amount of rice i'm having, needing to find something else which is easy to digest.

Cheers

Damo

Sweet potato - make it into mash potato mmmmmmmmm
pasta (go with wholegrain if possible)

Potato (any kind), Pasta (any kind), Oats, Bread (any kind), Cous Cous, Polenta, Fruits etc etc etc You can use anything you wish just as long as IIFYM, it doesn't matter after that.

Sweet potato for me.
Sprinkle cinnamon on it and if you are not dieting add sour cream.

rice pasta etc is a staple..you might need to look at the way ur cookin the rice, brand of rice...flavouring, play with what yoo know first i recko etc.

if u wanna digest quick just buy a slow carb shake and have small amount of meat and vegies o nthe side for 1-2 meals a day.

Whenever im not dieting sweet potato will pretty much be my main carb source, next to oats.

The beauty of sweet potato is you can have it so many diff ways, chips, mash, roasted, jacked potato style etc etc etc - I never ever got bored of eating sweet potato.

From Dave Tate's Strong(er) Phase 1 book:

Whole Wheat Bread
(7 grain, 9 grain...make sure it says WHOLE wheat and not just wheat)
Sweet Potato
Yams
Potato
Cream of Wheat
Low Sugar Oatmeal
Malto Meal
Brown Rice
Real Yogurt
Rice
Whole Wheat Pasta
Whole Grain Bread
Strawberries
Melon
Apples

Oranges
Bananas
Berries
Pineapple
Papaya
Ezekiel Bread
Low Fat Cereal
Carbohydrate Drink
Rice Cakes

Can you get prewashed sweet potatos? I normally CBF peeling them so switching to washed potatoes. If I can get sweet ones washed I'll try them as well.

I was going to but then the ones I got looked pretty much like they were just pulled from the ground so I decided against it. I'll keep looking :)

I was going to but then the ones I got looked pretty much like they were just pulled from the ground so I decided against it. I'll keep looking :)

Sweet potato is one of the best sources of carbs - dont be lazy lol

Cheers

Damo

Carbs are seriously easy, don't overcomplicate it.

Bread
Oats
Pasta
Sweet potato
Potato
Fruit
Sugar

Not carbs you should be eating lol

Reasons??

If you are not gluten intolerant bread is fine.

As for sugar, well the OP said he couldn't eat all his carbs. Not that i do it but It's a pretty simple way to add some more carbs if thats what you are after and can't stomach anything else, especially around training.

I really shouldn't have to explain why not to eat bread and sugar as a carb source if you have any understanding of nutrition.

Around training he would be taking in a carb source anyway - but something like WMS not sugar.

Again - Sweet potato or pasta are great opions for meal time - as I said you can do alot with sweet potato so it does not get boring.

Do not eat bread and sugar for a carb source.

I really shouldn't have to explain why not to eat bread and sugar as a carb source if you have any understanding of nutrition.

Around training he would be taking in a carb source anyway - but something like WMS not sugar.

Again - Sweet potato or pasta are great opions for meal time - as I said you can do alot with sweet potato so it does not get boring.

Do not eat bread and sugar for a carb source.

First off, I love sweet potato and pasta, no argument there at all.

There is nothing wrong with bread, if you can digest it and it fits into your calories nothing wrong. If you listen to bodybuilding myth, yes there may be something wrong with bread but the real world says otherwise.

Read the OPs post he said he is having trouble finishing of his carbs.