• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CAPO National titles

Daryl's only doing the Bench comp, so Blake should have a clear run in the 67.5kg class Joel. The WR is 95kg, he has done 115kg and is hoping for 120kg by the Nats in the 17yo 67.5kg class

Yea - just trying to find someone to get him fired up! lol

Blakes training is going great atm so looking forward to his numbers on the day!

M or even Powersports, do you have a video of any of your boys squat in comp? Ive seen the pics, but am really after a video.

I have the entire Vics on DVD

Max may have some, he definitely has video of his poor squatting at NSW, I'll get him to upload it. Actually I think its on our Youtube Channel

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/user/PTCFrankston#p/a/u/2/gEn6Bp0hp4M]YouTube - PTCFrankston's Channel[/ame]

Thats his 160kg@72kg in NSW

Thanks M, I wanted to check his drop speed. Its similar to mine.
I just failed my 160kg squat :(. Im now eating for strength untill after the nats.

Hey guys-
Just letting everybody know I have a spare bed in our room for nats. Our spot is just down the road from the venue, and its $35 per night. It's a private room, 4 beds, 1 bathroom. 180sx_kid and I will be there from Wednesday, advan will be joining us from Friday. Check out Monday.
Noobs? Paullie? Anyone?

On another note, any tips on how to prep for the comp? 4 weeks out, lifts in sig.
Posted via Mobile Device

lucky for you, an article on t-mag this week deals with just that.

Four Weeks to a New Max

by Tim Henriques

Day 1: Squat Day
Percentages (of 1RM squat)
Week 1 72.5% x 1 80% x 1 87.5% x 1 72.5% x rep out (6-10)
Week 2 77.5% x 1 85% x 1 92.5% x 1 77.5% x rep out (6-10)
Week 3 82.5% x 1 90% x 1 97.5% x 1 82.5% x rep out (6-10)
Week 4 87.5% x 1 95% x 1 102.5% x 1 whatever you want x 1

that is pretty much the gist of it. for more info you can read the whole article

Do you know if theres anywhere with accurate scales near where were staying sticky ?? like I mean to check our weights. are you going to be needing to drop weight leading up to weigh in ?? im probably going to drop 4-4.5kg from thursday arvo to saturday morning.

Just do it noobs :p

Mike, not sure about the scales mate. I say their would be a set at the same place as the sauna though....
Im not going to have to drop to much - if any to make weight, but ill jump in anyway and get under 80.

With entry having closed last week, how many of you boys actually entered?

In regards to weigh in, the weight class you nominated on your entry form is the LOWEST you can go in, though you can go higher. Max nominated 75kg, but he'll be lifting in the 82.5kg class I think.

I put down 67.5kg class markos.... Ill be making 67.5 dont worry about that.... I havent been watching everythig that goes into my mouth for the last 4 weeks for nothing add ot that I have only had steak once in the last month... been having skippy instead to lower the calories..... havent had one cheat meal or one snack not even a nut hahah... ill be 67.4 come weigh in... I hope....

Last edited:
I'm down for 82.5kg jnr.
Currently around 81. Trying to get to 85-86 by the 9th.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm entered, paid and all that jazz. Ii'll hopefully be in the 90kg. Worst case, 100kg. Either way doesn't bother me particularly I'm just happy I made it down to lift.

-Mitch.

I am Blake from Powersports, been down to PTC before, there are a few pics of me in the Battle of the Gyms thread on page 2. I will be lifting in the 67.5 teenage class at nats.