• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CAPO in Sydney

IPF currently have no raw division nor is it identified on the score sheet whether or not the lifter competed equipped or raw. Thus there is no separation in records/results.

The closest thing that comes to raw in IPF, is Raw Unity in the states which happens once a year. Even that may not be considered raw by some as knee sleeves (with limitations) are allowed. This event isn't sanctioned by IPF but IPF lifters are permitted to compete.

Has it been discussed on a serious level in Australia?

I think if your going to have raw though, not only should you eliminate knee sleeves, but belts as well lol I know I'll get no support on this.

Truth be known, I have NO issues with belts whatsover. Nick tried one at PTC, as did Max, both on squats, and they didnt like it at all.

I guess it works the same way as guys always having worn one, they feel naked without it, same thing for the guys that have never worn one.

Raw, all around the world, should be the same between all federations, otherwise you'll have the same moronic situation that we have now between the 1,000,000 equipped federations.

Start it correctly and leave it alone. If you want to wear bandages on your knees, lift in equipped, pretty simple really.

You say its the little guys that dont want sleeves. I say its the wrapped guys that want them, guys that have never wrapped their knees, no matter how big, dont want them.

We have equipped lifting, lets not have the mummys tell us how to lift raw, and we wont tell them how to wrap up.

deal?

Belt/wrist wraps should be raw.

I don't think knee wraps should be counted - which they are not with CAPO now - Matty at my gym gets a good 20kgs out of his knee wraps.

We have a comp coming up in 2 weeks were you can wear knee wraps so it will be interesting to see what the guys do compared to Albury.

If you get nothing from sleeves, leave them off.

Anyway, its a moot point.

PA have no raw, CAPO does, no sleeves.

Next.

knee wraps and knee sleeves like Rehband are completely different.

My best squat with wraps is 22.5kg more than with knee sleeves. I can wear ( and have ) worn my knee sleeves from before first warmup to after last bench, only taking them off for deadlifts as they can catch the bar.
If you restrict knee sleeves to neoprene I don't think it's possible to get any assistance from them, even if you buy them too small.

I think Raw Unity can got the right compromise on raw. This meet has the potential to be the biggest world meet for raw powerlifting
Raw Unity Powerlifting Championships - Raw Unity FAQ
While I'd like to see it drug tested I can understand their reasoning for not testing, as if out of competition testing isn't included, then testing on the day doesn't act as much deterrent.

Very true mate.

Thats what we need in PL, another division.

we currently have equipped, single ply, raw, and raw with sleeves.

Those with sore knees can wrap and lift in equipped, those without can lift raw. You already have a division where you can lift with knee coverings, why do you want another one Paul?

If I had my way, there would be 2 divisions.

Run what you brung - anything goes.
Raw - nothing, not even a belt.

Simple with no confusion.

Never going to happen lol

Thats what we need in PL, another division.

we currently have equipped, single ply, raw, and raw with sleeves.

Those with sore knees can wrap and lift in equipped, those without can lift raw. You already have a division where you can lift with knee coverings, why do you want another one Paul?

If I had my way, there would be 2 divisions.

Run what you brung - anything goes.
Raw - nothing, not even a belt.

Simple with no confusion.

Never going to happen lol

lol yea that would never happen.

Knee sleeves are more of a safety/stop hurting your knees thing - they will not give you any carry over to your lifts.

This is why they scrapped knee wraps I think because some guys can get ALOT out of them.

And they will never get rid of belts because again thats more of a safety thing.

your right, it will never happen as people like yourselves can't make compromises for the betterment of the sport.
drug testing was the first thing to fracture the sport, equipment is the next.

I think there's room for two feds in powerlifting
1: IPF - drug tested Raw and single equipped.
2: WPC - non tested raw and multiply equipped

but each side has fractured,
IPF splits into World Drug free, WPF who want untested, then people who want single ply but a monolift, 100% raw but with a belt, Christian raw but drugs ok etc

WPC has split into SPF, GPC and others as people argue about how strict the rules should be enforced, issues with who is in charge etc

I'm surprised we don't have a no sumo deadlifting division as that's the real cheating ( joke )

Lol yep ...where do u draw the line.

Dont forget the WPC has AWPC, which offers raw and drug tested as well as equipped and drug tested.

Its a pity all this crap wasnt put to bed when they started using ace bendages in the 60's

The wearing of knee sleeves may make the knees more comfortable. If they give you nothing but healthier knees, do what my lifters do, wear them when you train, even warm up before a comp.

Simply remove them before you try your 3 attempts. If you end up with sore knees after 3 single reps, maybe you should be lifting in equipped.

I never said you cant train or warm up in them, just lift raw.

You think I'm not for the betterment of the sport lol

Luckily a few CAPO guys dont think like you.

Simple is always better Paul, thats why lifters are joining CAPO in droves.

You think I'm not for the betterment of the sport lol

Luckily a few CAPO guys dont think like you.

Simple is always better Paul, thats why lifters are joining CAPO in droves.

Yo Markos talking of new memberships - how many new mems do u reckon capo have this yr?

There are currently 145 paid up members.

There are another 25-30 linked with PTC that will sign up before the Nats.

A few months ago Victoria had 12 members, it will be around 50 by Nats, not for the betterment of the sport lol

There are currently 145 paid up members.

There are another 25-30 linked with PTC that will sign up before the Nats.

A few months ago Victoria had 12 members, it will be around 50 by Nats, not for the betterment of the sport lol

Q for you that I should know the answer of - you need to be a member to compete at nationals right? - or if you have competed in a state comp as a non-member but still q'd for nationals - do you still need to become a member?

Have to be a member, so Brendon will need to join. Even if you've competed before.

Ok cheers mate! - Also big Luke isn't a member yet and I think he will want to compete at Nats.

He was the man mountain from the Albury comp.