• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Caffeine

Our genes were set millions of years ago.
Nothing has changed.
If you listen, your body tells you what is needed.
Posted via Mobile Device

Theres a point at which doing everything you say n00bs would become ridiculous, humans survived thousands of years without all the vitamin and mineral supplementation and yes they drank coffee and green tea amongst a whole lot of other crazy stuff and survived. At some point you have to drawn the line where you become too narky about what you put into your body and enjoy yourself, thats the whole point of being here right?
We also didnt have herbacides pestacides drugs artifical couloring flavours sweetners, plastics pollutnts ect...

You cant look at 1 and not the other. That would be ignorant...

So if the bad increases the good must increases just for it to remain at a normal level...

Hey people smoked opium for thousands of years do you suggest we do that as well because it was done?

We also threw shit out the windows into the street....

We also put water through lead pipes..

We also killed and maimed civilisations in the name of religions emperors and other clowns in power...

What people do and what should be done are 2 different things...

If you have problems then you have to look at all possible aspects, if you want to be the best at something you have to look at all possible aspects, if you want to be average joe not in the know then we keep doing what we are doing...

We also killed and maimed civilisations in the name of religions emperors and other clowns in power...
Reminds me of a joke Lee Mack (comedian) said.
..." 'When in Rome do as the the Romans do.' Your dad told me that just before he was jailed for killing 20,000 Christians."

But yehh back onto topic.

It was a very interesting topic you posted. But, why did you have to mention chocolate? I don't think I can give up chocolate this early in life.

Would that also mean chocolate protein powders would have caffeine in its blend? Which would make strawberry and vanilla healthier?

Cocoa has caffeine in it,

I dont think flavouring "choclate" even contains cocoa half the time...

The amount in it is negligible...

If he chooses to ignore it, then he should be allowed to without getting called out about it.

What do you want me to say Morgan? Is it a dick swinging contest?

Heres what i see...

Macho broism at its finest...

People responds with...

"bullshit bullshit bullshit"

"clinical practice and science is irrelivent"

"xwz person is healthy for eating xwy therefore everyone is healthy"

Im not in your house telling you what to do im on a message board...

We seem to judge health by how much someone can lift... Funny that.

When ever health is questioned "im more muscular and strogner then you" is said. That doesnt mean shit... Bodybuilders are probably some of the unhealthiest athletes out their.. There is more to health then body fat... Being strong and having low body fat does not show that you on a cellular level are healthy.

"Imagine my credibilty, ranting like a lunatic, as you are, after 2 years of lifting.

This one gets me... People here seem to think i make things up. Im portraying infomation and because it isnt to someones tune im a lunatic because it falls outside of something they understand...

Do people think i sit here and type fake articles and studies/reports then post them here because i have nothing better to do?

No, i read a book i researched into it and i thought i would share that with someone else...

If you dont like articles or being informed on certain things its quite simple dont read...

Last edited:
I'm generally not a big fan of caffeine, but one thing I don't seem to get with all these studies and whatnot is it always stating the withdrawal symptoms and such. When I used to drink quite a bit of coffee, I'd never get anything like that. I was drinking 4-5 cups daily just because I enjoyed. I stopped cold turkey because of the "horrors" of caffeine etc etc. Not a damn thing happened. No withdrawals, no headaches, no brain foggyness, nada. Nothing changed for me. I'm not sure if I'm an exception or something...They talk about it like it's crack.

Anyway, I'll be having a cup of jo before my morning cardio for a while and continue to drink my green tea by the litre. Man I love green tea.

-Mitch.

I'm generally not a big fan of caffeine, but one thing I don't seem to get with all these studies and whatnot is it always stating the withdrawal symptoms and such. When I used to drink quite a bit of coffee, I'd never get anything like that. I was drinking 4-5 cups daily just because I enjoyed. I stopped cold turkey because of the "horrors" of caffeine etc etc. Not a damn thing happened. No withdrawals, no headaches, no brain foggyness, nada. Nothing changed for me. I'm not sure if I'm an exception or something...They talk about it like it's crack.

Anyway, I'll be having a cup of jo before my morning cardio for a while and continue to drink my green tea by the litre. Man I love green tea.

-Mitch.

Everyone is different my friend... Some people just stop smoking and drinking no problems, others have issues... Even though theyboth might of consumed the same amount of alcohol.cigs as the other people..

Geez. Makes you wonder.

Might have to give away the ECA after i finished this lot. 150mg of caffeine per serve.

Might have to find an alternative to my cup of tea in the morning and with dinner. Any ideas on what sort of tea is out there without caffeine in it?

Yeah it is Gunner, generally in a red/black Box. I tried it for a while and didn't like it really. Too sweet for my liking. It's a naturally sweet tea.

I agree n00bs, everyone is different. I must be lucky in that regard I guess.

-Mitch.

-Mitch.
Same here. I gave up coffee cold turkey and I felt nothing. I drink 3-4 cups of green tea / day and only have a coffee rarely.

Geez. Makes you wonder.

Might have to give away the ECA after i finished this lot. 150mg of caffeine per serve.

Might have to find an alternative to my cup of tea in the morning and with dinner. Any ideas on what sort of tea is out there without caffeine in it?
Not proper ECA with Ephedrine / Caffeine / Aspirin?

Hi Guys,

Thought I'd try a little expirement and forego my morning coffee today and see what happened. Short answer, I feel like sh!t. I have a stomping headache and slight neausea. I keep calling my workmates by their wrong name and find myself staring off into the distance on no fixed point before I snap out of it. It took me twice as long to write this post as normal, correcting all the typos and spelling mistakes as I went. I'm bumping into walls and my muscles are sore (but maybe that's just squat doms ;) ).

Maybe I should just have a crappy instant coffee to get rid of this headache.

This sucks.

Cheers,
Mike
lol this is the biggest crock of shit I've read in a long time.

no withdrawals for me either, i cut out my 2 short blacks in the morning and felt nothing. i now only have a coffee maybe on saturday or sunday morning.

I think people must get these symptoms if they're drinking 3-4 pots, not cups, of coffee a day or something, because it seems to be pretty common for people to not have these things happen. I've never actually seen it happen and I know quite a few people who live off coffee/caffeine. Seems to be a student thing.

-Mitch

I've said it before, and i'll say it again. If you have a vested interest in not falling for bullshit, and understanding the scientific method - then you should all read 'Bad Science' by Ben Goldacre. A worthwhile investment.

For the record, i've had an espresso/coffee/green tea daily for the last 11 years. It's in my genetic makeup, I could smell the stuff while I was in my second trimester. I believe in a lot of circumstances, your psychological state will outweigh the physiological - or even pronounce, manufacture or fabricate physiological ones.

Strong mind = strong body.