• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Well I just measured mine and its exactly 1297 between the collars, measured from the flat of the bar, so I'm down 33mm from what it says on the website too :confused:

It's been a pretty good bar so far, but than again we don't flog it cause we the Texas bar for heavy stuff.

yep, just measured mine and its 1297 mm too. I can't work out how they got 1330, except they must have changed their design and not updated the website.

Luckily for me, I have an adjustable width squat rack.

Heaps of people grabbing these muscle motion bars now, might have to invest in one, although I would prefer a coarser knurling on the bar.

Heaps of people grabbing these muscle motion bars now, might have to invest in one, although I would prefer a coarser knurling on the bar.

Grippy, they bloody just about have no knurl mate LOL, my missus loves it for that. She can't stand calluses and can't find gloves that fit her properly so she was stoked with it.

No knurl doesn't sound good. Bar I have now is fairly smooth and no slipping with 200 on car but would like it rougher. There is a black force usa bar for around same price, might look at that until I can afford a good bar

No knurl doesn't sound good. Bar I have now is fairly smooth and no slipping with 200 on car but would like it rougher. There is a black force usa bar for around same price, might look at that until I can afford a good bar

Shit Grippy, just keep the bar your got and save the few extra hunge and get a Texas or ABC Mate. Would be well worth the wait mate as your getting pretty strong and would quite quickly need the extra grip and a good bar.

Well that sux ass mate, is the barbell damaged from delivery or is it just the collar not spinning properly?
Chuck a bit of oil on the bearings
I've got that bar so I will go and measure it and let you know what the distance is on our one.

I don't think they are mutually exclusive. The cardboard tube is deformed, torn open right where one of the sleeves are on the barbell. There weren't end caps on the cardboard tube either, so dust/dirt/sand could have got into the bearing assembly for all I know.

The bearings look well lubricated. There's loads of grease packed in there. At first both sleeves were relatively stiff, but after about 20 turns the good sleeve was making 6-8 rotations per push, the bad sleeve grinding through 1-2.

Well I just measured mine and its exactly 1297 between the collars, measured from the flat of the bar, so I'm down 33mm from what it says on the website too :confused:

It's been a pretty good bar so far, but than again we don't flog it cause we the Texas bar for heavy stuff.
Thanks for confirming this.

yep, just measured mine and its 1297 mm too. I can't work out how they got 1330, except they must have changed their design and not updated the website.

Luckily for me, I have an adjustable width squat rack.

How long have you had the bar for?

Just wondering how smooth is the knurling on the MM bar, would its be alright to deadlift with or would I be better of saving for an ABC bar? The bar would also be used for benching and well as squating

I currently have the 1500lb bar that came with the rack from gymandfitness

Just wondering how smooth is the knurling on the MM bar, would its be alright to deadlift with or would I be better of saving for an ABC bar? The bar would also be used for benching and well as squating

I currently have the 1500lb bar that came with the rack from gymandfitness

Mate its really smooth, but with plenty of chalk its fine. But for a couple extra hundred get a ABC bar mate.

I agree. Have a cheap bar for rack pulls, so you dont give a shit when you bend it, and save for a Texas power bar or ABC for the rest of your training.

I reckon you're right with this guess. I got mine 2 years ago and just checked it.....it's 1330mm. Obviously something has changed since I got mine.

I wouldn't be put off getting the MMPR rack anyway, even with the shorter bar. Having a look at my rack then and playing with the tape measure, i'd be comfortable with the amount of leeway available even with the shorter bar.

Has anyone tried one of the Rogue bars?

Ive never looked at their stuff before, good price on the filler bags, cant seem to find them anywhere else in oz, was considering an army surplus shop or something to find a strong bag.

Has anyone tried one of the Rogue bars?

I had a look at those (only on the web), and searched google for responses and such on them. They tend to get pretty good reports all around the Rogue gear including the bar, they seam big with the cross fit peeps and they tend to be ruff on gear so that's a bonus for the bar lasting. I was nearly gonna buy their Rogue bench until I seen the MM one in black, I like MM gear and bought it instead.

what are the MM thrust bearing Barbbells like? I was thinking of getting one but not sure if its any better than the regular heavy duty BB.

thoughts??

what are the MM thrust bearing Barbbells like? I was thinking of getting one but not sure if its any better than the regular heavy duty BB.

thoughts??

What regular heavy duty barbell? The ones from Gym Direct?

It is a pretty good bar for $200 bucks, I'm not an expert on bars but it is way better than the standard bars (hex nut in end) at my old gym. So i would say from that experience that it is better than a regular heavy duty oly bar, they all pretty much lack grip though.