• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Lol I also have a $99 bar that hasn't been used :p

If my attempts to make a cambered bar, football bar, safety squat bar, Swiss bar and fat bar are successful I may be able to produce a few of them as well (cost of steel pending)
- going to speak to a couple of places tomorrow)

Lol I also have a $99 bar that hasn't been used :p

If my attempts to make a cambered bar, football bar, safety squat bar, Swiss bar and fat bar are successful I may be able to produce a few of them as well (cost of steel pending)
- going to speak to a couple of places tomorrow)

Look at you

Ouch! I was thinking of getting a Rogue Ripto bar, but just noticed the price difference from the U.S.

For the price there selling it for here there is a fair bit of competition; ABC, Ironedge and the Texas power bar.

If there sold it for the U.S. price or at least nearer it it'd be a no brainer for me.

OK so the steel place I wanted to go to no longer exists apparently lol.

Back to the drawing board it is. (I can readily get 48mm pipe but I'm fussy and want 50mm for the sleeves at least)

Now this is ridiculous, I can't find a Texas power bar in Aus for under $500 without postage, but I can get one delivered from the U.S. for around $450!

OK so the steel place I wanted to go to no longer exists apparently lol.

Back to the drawing board it is. (I can readily get 48mm pipe but I'm fussy and want 50mm for the sleeves at least)
Blackwoods has 50mm OD, with 25-35mm ID, will cut to size (and probably $$)
Steel Hollow Bar | Blackwoods

Atlas Steels list 50mm hollow bar also
Interalloy too..

look for "hollow bar" rather than pipe.

try local engineering places as well, rather than steel merchants.

Cheers mate

And pistol I find that highly unlikely

Pretty sure the bars are in the 350-400 mark in the US and shipping for one would be $200+ if quotes I've gotten for similar items are anything to go by

Yep I'm with you Hambs, skeptical if it is actually a genuine capps bar. The capps bar is possibly the most copied bar in the world I reckon.

Do you actually know someone who has purchased this bar pistol?

If it is legit, its a bloody bargain and I would purchase another one at that price.

G

Well thanks for that link to BB.com pistol, it didn't make me feel any different about the seller as the guy who purchased from them did not reply to say whether he got it or not and if it was genuine, but it did clear one thing up that has been discussed in this thread before.

Is the TROY Texas power bar the same as the Buddy Capps Texas power bar?

Answer: Clearly not, the guy who purchased the TROY bar (with pics) said it doesn't have the Capps end cap with the state of Texas on it, although it does look the same in all other ways.

I'm so glad I bought mine from a reputable dealer. And I recommend you do as well pistol.
G

The Troy Texas bar I purchased in Australia came in capps packaging and does have the Texas endcap on it.
I'm not surprised at the usa price of $250, what I am surprised is the freight quote. I looked at importing 1-2 Texas power bars last year before they were available in australia and two reputable suppliers ( EliteFTs and Liftinglarge )
both quoted over $ 1000 for shipping alone. You can't get seafreight costs unless you import a lot more than one bar.

The shipping price was via using a freight forwarder or purchaser.

ie. Fowardit.us, Shipitto.com or priceusa.com.au

The shipping price was via using a freight forwarder or purchaser.

ie. Fowardit.us, Shipitto.com or priceusa.com.au

So the price difference between USA and Australia is about $ 100.
That' a pretty minimal saving for the amount of risk and hassle of buying overseas.

Seems I'll be pulling the trigger on an ABC bar, I asked about the nurling Scott at PTC Brisbane uses and may go with that.