• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Oly bars are the best for oly lifts man, the bearing are made specifically to be dropped..... Power bars including Texas, ABC, and our Pro-Power bars are not designed to be dropped.

cheers Scott, I will have to tell Odell that, he tends to drop after is last rep..

Any suggestions on a bar that you have experienced for oly lifts?

Would have to add I dont drop the bar, control all the way, i just want good grip, and collars that turn nicely..

Where can I buy Eleiko Bar??

Just need some advice from the guys that have purchased Eleiko Bars. Is Titan Australia the only place we can buy Eleiko Bars? If so what are they like to deal with & what would the cost of the Power bar be approx. I am having problems viewing the Bars on the web page, it won't show up etc.
Only asking cos I found a place in NZ that sells them for $1280 ish, Is this an ok price? Eleiko Sport - Eleiko Bars - Getstrength.com Store,
I was just looking at the best option. Obviously that not include shipping costs.

Lol.

Callan, a member here, and trains under the owner of Eleiko in Australia paid over 2k.

I don't think you'll pay less.

Getting them from get strength is your best bet if you want an Eleiko.
You just have to get it shipped to an NZ address first as they are not allowed to ship to Australia.

Are you running IPF comps?

Lol.

Callan, a member here, and trains under the owner of Eleiko in Australia paid over 2k.

I don't think you'll pay less.

Getting them from get strength is your best bet if you want an Eleiko.
You just have to get it shipped to an NZ address first as they are not allowed to ship to Australia.

Are you running IPF comps?

What a jew kunt fuck him

Ok cool, thanks for the heads up.
So who can you buy them from in Australia? I have only found Titan Australia on the net that say they sell them. Is there an Eleiko Australia or another distributor here that sells them or is Titan the only one?

Still barbell shopping/browsing.

The biggest thing putting me off spending $600 on an ABC power bar is dropping it on the safeties of my rack and bending it in the first week/month/year. If I am going to spend serious cash I want it to be indestructible haha.

In terms of a bar being dropped onto pins, would a good oly lifting bar hold up better than a good power bar? If I don't ever expect to squat over 200kg maybe an oly bar would be just as good for training and perhaps last longer?
Would a bike inner tube wrapped around my safeties be enough to help protect it from small drops?

My terrible bar is the only thing left in my gym that isn't up to scratch :(

Drop a $1000 bar on safeties and you'll still fuck it mate.

Pretty simple..... Don't drop it :).

That does seem like good advice.

My recent rack purchase is the first time I have ever been able to train with safeties so I am pretty well practised at not dropping. I was kind of looking forward to being able to drop it haha.

Never drop it mate.

If the shit hits the fan, take the bar back into the hole and lower it.

I have 6 ABC bars, all have seen 300kg+ squats, all are over 2 years old and live in a dedicated powerlifting gym.

Personally, not a better bar for $500.

I've bent a few "600kg rated" bars with 200kg squats.

Buy once. Buy a good bar.

Iron Edge make good equipment, but I wouldn't touch that chrome bar,
get the Ironedge premium bar, the ABC power bar, or a Texas Power bar. All about the $600 mark, and none of them have chrome.
The word chrome anyway in a bar description is a warning signal that it's for newbies and tightwads.

Some good advice, thank you everyone.

Now I have two last questions/decisions to make.

Markings. The power bar obviously comes with powerlifting federation type markings, but they also have the ability to add an outside ring at IWF specs. I don't plan on doing any serious Oly lifting, but I may like to incorporate snatches into my training in the future. Is there much point in getting them to knurl with Olympic markings as well?

Knurling. I am still stuck choosing between the cheese grater TPB style, and Sticky's PTC deep fine knurl. My current bar might as well not have a knurl at all, so anything will be an improvement. At the moment I am leaning towards the deep fine knurl because it's so highly regarded. anyone else have testimony to support this or change my mind?