• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I do like the sharp. It's like a grater for your calluses! Lol

I'm looking to buy a new bar after Hawaii, ABC definitely my weapon of choice!

Looks like another ABC bar is rolling off the factory line....

Complete with the "Scott from PTC" knurling.

That'll be two, mine will be here early next week. Between the electricity bill and the new bar I've dropped a gorilla and a half today.

Me too... but that was in the toilet.

forum

After reading every post in this thread I am still no closer to choosing a good quality barbell.

At this stage my numbers are quite low ie 100/70/130 so a high quality bar isn't essential. However my secondhand dirt cheap oly bar has a end bolt that loosens after every set and has almost no knurling with chrome flaking off is starting to frustrate me, and possibly pose a safety risk. So I need to spend some money, and I might as well do it properly and get something that will last.

Looking for a good, safe, reliable, strong bar with a centre knurl that is not likely to need replacing in the foreseeable future. Mainly for slow lifts, but maybe some light olympic stuff every now and then.

I am also a massive tight arse and would love to get out of this for closer to $400.00 than $600+

The main contenders for me at the moment are

Troy Texas power bar
Capps Texas power bar
ABC power bar

any recent entries to the market that I should be made aware of?

Last edited:
dont get a texas. Its awesome for setting deadlift PRs but not for general training use.

Also, dont use your current lifts as a deciding factor. If you train consistently they'll grow alot within 6 months.

Huh?

I think your confusing the Texas powerbar with the Texas DL bar wingers.

I'm selling 29mm power bars, 190,000psi tensile strength.

They are a big step above the rest, but are more expensive at $680 a bar.

These bars were used at the GPC world championships in Europe lat year.

Huh?

I think your confusing the Texas powerbar with the Texas DL bar wingers.

I'm selling 29mm power bars, 190,000psi tensile strength.

They are a big step above the rest, but are more expensive at $680 a bar.

These bars were used at the GPC world championships in Europe lat year.

Hey Scott

Are the sportscraft bars OK to do cleans with, or is there something else you would recomend..

ODell said i could use it but if its not suited I wont..

The old standard ABC Bars Odell has flogged are starting to hurt my wrists, the bearings are buggered, and the bars bars are bent..