• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
This thread is one reason why I love to log onto AusBB Sunday morning as I sip on my (bulletproof-less) coffee. Love it.

Pull up a chair - enjoy the show.

dgbg.gif

watch it, saying stuff like that will get you on the Mick list.

I like @bigmick; he is living proof of wasp superiority. The embodiment of australiana. Diggers died on the shores of Anzac cove to ensure people of his ilk could continue to perpetuate ignorance and casual racism.

What kind of coffee are you using?
Short black
Instant
Long black
Coffee pods etc etc

Used to use Nescafe instant coffee, have also used coffee beans and plunger style coffee, I dont think it matter too much as it all has caffeine ands appetite suppressants in it regardless.

This morning I -

- Put coffee/sweeter in my coffee cup
- Poured the boiling water in (to get the right amount of water/very quick mix with the spoon)
- Poured it in Protein Shaker, added butter/MCT - 45 secs-1 min shaking
- Poured it back in the coffee cup
- Perfect

What sweetener are you using, I never used any sweetener when I had mine.

This thread is one reason why I love to log onto AusBB Sunday morning as I sip on my (bulletproof-less) coffee. Love it.

Actually, I did have a bullet proof coffee after all because I used butter on my toast. My body can't tell the difference whether the butter has been whizzed into coffee or spread onto something else.. Or does it. lol.

Actually it does!

Actually, I did have a bullet proof coffee after all because I used butter on my toast. My body can't tell the difference whether the butter has been whizzed into coffee or spread onto something else.. Or does it. lol.

Funny considering you didn't even know fat gave you energy...

Actually it does!

How so? Compare taking a sip of bulletproof coffee to wash down dry toast, with eating a buttered toast washed down with regular coffee. 30 seconds later the stomach contents will be the same, so I can't see how it makes all that much of a difference.

Funny considering you didn't even know fat gave you energy...
Lol my post implied that but of course I am aware that most foods will give me energy. Where I am still trying to catch up with is understanding how different macros relate to slow/fast burning energy, stamina, glucose levels and other assorted nutrient boffin stuff.

How so? Compare taking a sip of bulletproof coffee to wash down dry toast, with eating a buttered toast washed down with regular coffee. 30 seconds later the stomach contents will be the same, so I can't see how it makes all that much of a difference.

Stick with us kid, you're on the right track.

If you had even read my very basic explanation posted earlier you would already know why, the main point being that you do not wash any toast down or ingest any carbs with your your bullet proof coffee, so your body consumes and uses fats as energy rather than the simple carbs from the toast.

Your just posting for the sake of posting without having even a basic understanding of the principles behind what you are posting about, or having even made the effort to read the explanations already offered in this thread.

The coffee concoction is used as an aid in intermitted fasting (there for no toast), it stops hunger while fasting and provides your body with energy via caffeine and fats, which will not affect insulin levels in any significant way. It can also aid getting your body into a state of ketosis if you are following a carb cycling type diet. Toast has no place in the process, and yes your body does and will know if you consume toast with it making the whole process pointless.

Lol my post implied that but of course I am aware that most foods will give me energy. Where I am still trying to catch up with is understanding how different macros relate to slow/fast burning energy, stamina, glucose levels and other assorted nutrient boffin stuff.

If you are serious about learning about this may be read up on it, 'Carb Nite' and 'Carb Back Loading' make for interesting reading and have some great explanations of the processes involved, even if you have no interest in following the diets.

Unless you need to lose weight there is probably no point following any them. Provided you are meeting your intake of fats and proteins for your goals, carbs are just a bonus you can add if you like. Carbs are not really essential for the body, you don't need carbs, you do need proteins and fats for normal hormonal functions in your body, but you can function fine without carbs. Carbs are where most people experience the crashes in energy you were talking about earlier. However if you like eating them there is nothing to stop you from doing so.

Just read back 10 pages @Headley and you will find out. Oh wait no you wont cause no one actually tried it for more than a few days and no one posted any results. I cant think of a better way to ruin a good long black then to put butter in it. I would rather just eat the butter straight off the block and enjoy my coffee !!!

Last edited:
Fuck you blokes are dense.

if you like coffee with milk in it you might enjoy butter in it, butter has got shit in it that milk hasn't.

Fuck you blokes are dense.

if you like coffee with milk in it you might enjoy butter in it, butter has got shit in it that milk hasn't.

How does saying you prefer to drink coffee black make someone dense. If you want to enjoy your skinny soy late thats your business but I like my coffee black.

Just read back 10 pages @Headley and you will find out. Oh wait no you wont cause no one actually tried it for more than a few days and no one posted any results. I cant think of a better way to ruin a good long black then to put butter in it. I would rather just eat the butter straight off the block and enjoy my coffee !!!

Why would you eat o drink something you would not like the taste of?
why would you play a sport you did not like?
why would you choose a bunch of exercises you did not like?

why would you play a sport you did not like?
why would you choose a bunch of exercises you did not like?

What was the point of that response, actually come to think of it what was the point of my last one you your prior to that. Re-read what I said to Headley, I like butter and I like black coffee I just dont want to mix them together. So in answer to your first question of your last post. I would not drink something I didn't like the taste of, hence why I said I wouldn't drink it.

Because food is fuel, Goose. It is not to be confused with entertainment under any circumstances. Most of the country is fat because of the entertainment value of food.

Because food is fuel, Goose. It is not to be confused with entertainment under any circumstances. Most of the country is fat because of the entertainment value of food.

Agree that food is fuel but isn't there enough food choice available today that you can always eat something you like the taste of and still get the same nutritional value ?