• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

building strength

I

isbn

I am wanting to build up my biceps and triceps. When i'm at the gym I do a lot of bench presses and dumbbells. With bench presses working your chest does it also hit your arms? Will swapping over to doing dumbbell bench presses give me any better and faster results compared to that of the bench press? Can you recommend any specific exercises that will help build my biceps and triceps?

thank you

Pressing movements will work your triceps, pulling movements will work your biceps.

Do dips for big triceps, chin ups and curls for biceps.

it targets your chest muscles but your arms do get a workout though they are not the targeted muscle group for that particular exercise.

Depending on the weight and the intensity dumbbells can give as good or better progress than the barbell bench press.

As always consistently, find an exercise that you will enjoy doing rather then finding one that you absolutely hate as you won't do it as much