• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bruce Lee, the routine.

I'll ask the question again.

How do you effectively measure power?

Don't say the squat lol.

punch force / impact in pounds per square inch.
or
you could let some one of Lee's size and Bolo punch you in the head, then measure how long it takes you to get out of hospital, which ever bloke kept you in the hospital longer, hit you with more power.

MMA is just an opportunity for thugs with no particular skill in any one discipline

MMA was originally a challenge of disciplines, but has now evolved into its own style, and that is to take the opponent down as quickly as possible within the rules.
its quite ugly really, looks more like a street brawl than any art.

MMA was originally a challenge of disciplines, but has now evolved into its own style, and that is to take the opponent down as quickly as possible within the rules.
its quite ugly really, looks more like a street brawl than any art.
yes that was my point, a bunch of thugs brawling

Kung foo is not a fighting or strength discipline, it's nothing more then a stylised dance for people brainwashed by shitty fantasies about 1 inch punches and flailing forearms.

True. Generally useless for combat. A fit amateur boxer or Judo player would make mince meat out of most of the karate, gungfu and TKD fairies. (TKD isn't a combat art - the rules of competition are so unrealistic that the competitors train to make themselves useless in real combat).

But gungfu is an interesting exercise in history and philosophy of the martial arts especially when you're too old for the impact.

Just about anything can be called a martial art if it's effective. Including baseballbatkwondo.

I'll ask the question again.

How do you effectively measure power?

Don't say the squat lol.

The degree to which you can overpower an opponent, if skill sets are equalish, which they should be in a well matched fight then there are only a couple other variables namely the ability to absorb your opponents power (glass jaw syndrome), strategy & stamina.

strategy and stamina are trumped by power or your ability to absorb hence the reason for weight divisions and fighters filling out to match their height as they fulfill their potential.

Last edited:
yes that was my point, a bunch of thugs brawling

Dude what a load of shit, people from all walks of life are MMA fighters, teachers, office workers, doctors and the like do this and are extremely successful for example Hall of famer Rich Franklin who is a math high school teacher

I dont know where your bias comes from

Anyway, the workout listed was simple, using basic exercises that covered the whole body, you could use this for your entire lifting life.

Dude what a load of shit, people from all walks of life are MMA fighters, teachers, office workers, doctors and the like do this and are extremely successful for example Hall of famer Rich Franklin who is a math high school teacher

I dont know where your bias comes from

what bias?
It's my observation and opinion and I'm sticking to it

But what has whether they're doctors or teachers have anything to do with the price of eggs

Last edited:
what bias?
It's my observation and opinion and I'm sticking to it

ok ill rephase, how on earth did you come to this opinion? did a thug get the better of you?

as i said previously many people from all walks of life are MMA fighters who are professional inside and outside the cage or ring , yet they are still all thugs to you?

dictionary meaning of thug

thug
[COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]

a violent person, especially a criminal

no there not as there not criminals

i think your just talking nonsense just to get a rise out of people

You bastards are so literal

For instance, I said bastards, does that mean I'm saying you don't know your father? of course not, I'm just calling you bastards.

Last edited: